Dr Christoph Franz
Nationality: German and Swiss
Year of Birth: May 2, 1960
- Graduate Studies at Ecole Centrale de Lyon and Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Lyon (France)
- Graduate in Industrial Engineering (Dipl. Wirtsch.-Ing.) from Darmstadt, Technical University (Germany)
- Doctorate (Dr. rer. pol.) from Darmstadt Technical University
- Post doctoral research at University of California, Berkeley (USA)
Deutsche Lufthansa Ltd.
Deutsche Bahn Ltd., executive functions, Member of the Executive Board and CEO of passenger transport division
CEO of Swiss International Air Lines Ltd. (SWISS)
Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa Ltd.,
CEO of Lufthansa Passenger Airlines
Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Deutsche Lufthansa Ltd.
- since 2014
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Roche Holding Ltd
Other Activities / Memberships
- Member of the Board of Trustees Ernst Goehner Foundation, Avenir Suisse and Lucerne Festival
- Member of the Advisory Board of University of St. Gallen (HSG)
- Honorary Professor for Business Administration at University of St. Gallen
- Member of the Assembly and the Counsel of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Board Memberships in listed companies
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Zurich Insurance Group Ltd.
- Member of the Board of Stadler Rail Ltd.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.