Nationality: Belgian and Swiss
Year of Birth: September 8, 1954
- 1972 - 1976
University of Louvain (Belgium) - Commercial Engineer
- 1976 - 1977
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School (Belgium) - Post Graduate in Management
Programme for Executive Development, IMD Switzerland
- 1977 - 1979
Scott Graphics International, Bornem (Belgium) Financial analyst
- since 1979
Nestlé Group, Vevey (Switzerland)
- 1979 - 1980
Nestlé S.A. Marketing Trainee (Switzerland, Spain, Belgium)
- 1980 - 1996
Nestlé Peru, Nestlé Ecuador and Nestlé Chile Marketing, Sales and Division Functions
- 1996 - 1998
Nestlé Portugal, Market Head
- 1998 - 2000
Nestlé Czech and Slovak Republic, Market Head
- 2000- 2004
Nestlé Germany, Frankfurt am Main, Market Head
- 2004 - 2008
Executive Vice President, Nestlé S.A.
Zone Director for Zone Americas:
United States of America, Canada, Latin America, Caribbean
- 2008 - 2016
Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé S.A.
- Since 2017
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Nestlé S.A.
Other Activities / Memberships
- Chairman, Strategic Advisory Board, Nestlé Skin Health S.A.
- Chairman, Strategic Advisory Board, Nestlé Health Science S.A.
- Vice-Chairman, Board of Directors, L'Oréal (France)
- Member, International Business Council, World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Member, European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Avenir Suisse