Supplier Code of Conduct
Roche believes that good business means a better world. We deliver medical solutions while striving for economic, social, and environmental sustainability. Our suppliers are business partners with expertise and capabilities that we use to enable improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, and business continuity which allows Roche to deliver medical innovations to benefit our patients. We hold ourselves and our suppliers to the same high standards through the Supplier Code of Conduct.
The Roche Supplier Code of Conduct incorporates the 5 auditable key principles of the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative (PSCI):
- Ethics: Suppliers shall conduct their business in an ethical manner and act with integrity.
- Human Rights and Labour Rights: Suppliers shall be committed to uphold the human rights of workers and to treat them with dignity and respect.
- Health and Safety: Suppliers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment, including for any company-provided living quarters.
- Environment: Suppliers shall operate in an environmentally responsible and efficient manner, and they shall minimise adverse impacts on the environment.
- Management Systems: Suppliers shall use management systems to facilitate continual improvement and compliance with the expectations of these principles.
In addition to these 5 auditable sustainability principles, we ask our suppliers to protect intellectual property and customer information, promote economic sustainability in their communities, and support diverse suppliers.
The code also asks suppliers for cooperation with Roche on innovation, economic sustainability and diversity.
Please look for our new Supplier Code of Conduct eLearning in January, 2020.