Our high standards with suppliers.more
Improving our collaboration with suppliers via Ariba Network
Roche has launched a digitalization program of its Procure-to-Pay processes. One of the key components of this is the deployment of the SAP Ariba® Network. This page provides guidance to our suppliers on our invoicing processes.
With this, Roche is aiming to:
- Improve the collaboration with all our suppliers by increasing purchase order processing effectiveness and visibility
- Increase overall order process efficiency by reducing manual intervention in order to increase processing speed and reduce manual errors
- Increase invoice processing efficiency to reduce the risk of late payment and increase control
This should increase transparency, efficiency, visibility and control. It should also reduce the invoice processing time and the processing costs, and ultimately lead to improved relationship and collaboration with our suppliers.
The network implementation will be rolled out to all major Roche global entities in waves. Our suppliers will be notified when this affects their organization in due course.
The Ariba network is used to manage all procurement transactions electronically between Roche and its suppliers.
There are two types of Ariba network accounts available:
- Standard Account (former light account): Access to basic functionalities of the network such as PO Management and Invoice Creation via PO Flip. PO and invoices must be accessed one by one from the email notifications. Free of charge for all suppliers
- Enterprise Account (former full account): On top of the basic functionalities, this account provides access to advanced functionalities of the platform such as PO/invoice search, document archiving, reporting, XML/EDI integration, SAP Ariba Support Centre, Etc.). Fees apply for the usage of this account
|Functionality||Standard account||Enterprise account|
|Receive and process PO directly on the SAP Ariba Network Account||✔|
|Use interactive email to access and process PO on SAP Ariba Network Account||✔|
|Create an Order Confirmation on SAP Ariba Network Account||✔||✔|
|Create an Advanced Ship Notice SAP Ariba Network Account||✔||✔|
|Create and submit electronic invoice on SAP Ariba Network Account by PO Flip||✔||✔|
|Create a Non-PO Invoice||✔||✔|
|Display all purchase orders and invoices in Ariba Network and review their status at once||✔|
|Archive all purchasing documents (POs, order confirmations, invoices, ship notices, goods receipts) directly on the platform||✔|
|Free of charge||✔|
SAP Ariba Network onboarding steps
Accounts onboarding process
All the Roche suppliers will be enabled on the SAP Ariba Network platform through a Standard or an Enterprise account. The following figure explains the different steps that define the different onboarding processes. In addition, each step of the process is related to an action for our suppliers or a communication document that will be sent by Roche or SAP Ariba to the suppliers.
Standard Account Onboarding Process
Enterprise Account Onboarding Process
Working with suppliers through the SAP Ariba Network
"At Roche, we are convinced that big benefits will come from the digitalization of the supply and procurement processes through the SAP Ariba Network. Digitalization will allow to optimize the business process from purchase orders to invoices by improving the quality and the speed of the shared information between Roche and its suppliers."
Marielle Beyer, Head of Global Procurement at Roche