know the facts
Lymphoma is an umbrella term used for over 60 related cancers which start in the cells of your immune system.1 There are two general categories of lymphoma: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). The majority of lymphoma cases that are diagnosed are a type of NHL. Distinguishing between NHL subtypes is important for appropriate treatment. Click on the flashcards below to find out more about NHL and its most common forms.
- 1. Swerdlow SH, et al. WHO classification of tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues. In: World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Lyon, France: IARC; 2017.
- 2. GLOBOCAN 2018. World fact sheet. [Internet; cited November 2018] Available at: https://gco.iarc.fr/today/data/factsheets/populations/900-world-fact-sheets.pdf
- 3. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. [Internet; cited November 2018] Available at: https://www.lls.org/lymphoma/non-hodgkin-lymphoma
- 4. Le Guyader-Peyrou S et al. Factors Related To The Relative Survival Of Patients With Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma In A Population-Based Study In France: Does Socio-Economic Status Have A Role? Haematologica 2017; 102: 584-592
- 5. Shankland KR, et al. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Lancet 2012; 380 (9844): 848-57
- 6. Cancer.Net. Lymphoma – Non-Hodgkin: Subtypes. [Internet, cited November 2018]. Available at: http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/lymphoma-non-hodgkin/subtypes
- 7. Luminari S et al. Rev. Bras. Hematol. Hemoter. 2012; 34(1): 54-59
- 8. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. [Internet; cited November 2018] Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta243/documents/follicular-lymphoma-rituximab-review-lymphoma-association2
- 9. ESMO. Patient guide series: Follicular lymphoma. [Internet; cited November 2018]. Available at: https://www.esmo.org/content/download/52236/963497/file/EN-Follicular-Lymphoma-Guide-for-Patients.pdf
- 10. PDQ Cancer Information Summaries. Adult Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (PDQ®). [Internet; cited November 2018]. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0032836/
- 11. Johnson PW et al. Patterns of survival in patients with recurrent follicular lymphoma: a 20-year study from a single center. J Clin Oncol, 1995 13(1):140-7