The PIIX Data and Analytics Chapter ambition is to be the best in class Data and Analytics organization. We believe data is an asset and analytics is the engine. We are a global team of data scientists, data engineers and data analysts. We develop a deep understanding of science, technology, and the Roche business. We support Roche and stakeholders to make decisions that improve patient outcomes. We introduce science into commercial operations.
Our mission: We change healthcare systems by harnessing data insights.
We are now seeking a Data & Analytics Specialist to partner with both IT and the business to co-create solutions that help our organisation to pioneer life changing healthcare.
As a Data & Analytics Specialist you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex data problems and deliver insights that help to define our understanding in key business areas. Reporting to the BE Section Lead, your main responsibilities and accountabilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Ensuring the set-up and maintenance of data structure and technologies to enable effective and efficient generation of data insights.
- Provides strategic direction to ensure analytics solutions are integrated into the wider Pharma Informatics System landscape.
- Raises awareness and educates the business partners of potential use cases that implement data & analytics to create business value.
- Develops the idea of how to integrate our analytics solutions into an end-to-end process to gain the maximum potential of business value together with the business.
- Supports business analysis to ensure requirements represent the needs of the business users.
- Bridges the gap between business and data scientists by describing business requirements.
- Is the custodian of the affiliate data, including ongoing cleanliness of the data.
- Sources, provides and integrates new structured and unstructured data sets.
- Educates the affiliate on the latest relevant data management and analytical techniques and technology.
- Leads the architecture and technical input from the pharma client side required to scale the patient data ecosystem and align with other multi-functional team members
- Partners with external providers to integrate new and diverse information systems
- Leads and shapes architectural design connecting customers with third party solutions
- Ensures that the new architectural ecosystem enables smooth data transfer from the hospital systems (EHRs, eCRFs, Registries) to the pharma client's data warehouse
- Understands ETL processes and varying data formats / standards, to achieve the best collection of key data (from EHRs, eCRFs, Registries) ensuring security and compliance
Who you are
You should have a degree in related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Information Systems) with experience of standard database reporting and query tools and a knowledge of writing queries with SQL.
Solid understanding of Analytics Platforms (such as Spotfire and Tableau) and Visualization techniques and concepts are vital. Knowledge of R, Python and advanced analytics is an advantage. Experience with pharmaceutical systems (i.e. Clinical Trial Management Systems, Drug Safety, EDC) and expertise in translating complex business requirements into relevant solutions is a plus.
Demonstrable ability to ingest and process large Genomic, Digital, EMR, EHR, Omics, Imaging data sets coming from different data sources including diverse hospital clinical information systems and solid experience in HL7/FHIR or other data standards are also vital. Demonstrated experience implementing Infrastructure as Code & DevOps to automate infrastructure and deep understanding of hosting Digital Health focused PHI/PII workloads in public clouds to meet Global compliance and Security requirements e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, ASIP, ISO and GDPR etc. would be a plus.
You should demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy, utilising your strong organisational and time management skills to prioritise numerous tasks and goals, you proactively seek to develop your own eye for business and use the acquired knowledge to link your responsibilities with the mission of the whole organisation.
You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and working in a multicultural environment motivates you!
Have we piqued your interest? Apply now! Applications close on the 31 October 2020.
This role is only open to candidates that have full eligibility to live and work in China/UK/Canada/Switzerland.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Digitization, Data and Insights