Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Act as a strategic advisor to the commercial teams with functional expertise in how to use intelligence to develop competitive strategies and long range forecasts. Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information. Make recommendations on brand strategy that prepare the brand for a competitive marketplace.
Reporting & data consolidation and delivery
Manages and co-ordinates delivery and utilization of market research, competitive intelligence, field tracking data, secondary data (IMS, NHIA, Medical Association).
- Consolidate monthly/quarterly IMS data reports, competitive intelligence report and other business program assessment reports if required.
- Mentor & facilitator to Marketing/Sales division to ensure optimal uptake and use of captured above data.
Insight generation through market research project
Support business decision via market research, competitive intelligence, field tracking data, secondary data (IMS, NHIA, Medical Associations) and etc.
- Proactively monitor business performance, competition intelligence and market dynamic, and provide business insights to assist strategic decision making.
- Develop the market research/analytics plan to support business priorities. To generate timely and meaningful data to support decision making
- Apply knowledge of qualitative and quantitative primary market research methodologies, applied statistics and analytical software packages to generate timely and meaningful data to support decision making
- Partner with research vendor to ensure project understanding and implementation of appropriate research protocols.
Facilitate and support annual business planning and forecasting
Facilitate & support the annual planning process. Align and collaborate cross-functionally on portfolio assessment, IBP…etc.
- Design/re-assure patient flows, product forecast models and situational analysis for annual planning of each product/indication.
- Effectively assess, interpret and diagnosis business opportunities and risks for individual brands as well as for the overall affiliate portfolio with strong analytical skills, critical thinking and a broad understanding of the business plan.
- Integrate various analysis for commercial team and help to build up marketing strategies.
- Influence commercial team to incorporate the diagnosis (business insights) into development or adjustment of strategies, plans and tactics to achieve business objectives.
Business partnership demonstration
Understand the dynamics that drive how a particular business operates.
- Initiate a new approach/ solution etc. to help with business delivery and decision making.
- Act as appropriate role to support on Scrum project implementation and deliver MVP to maximize customer value.
- Integrate customer insights by therapeutic area and share with cross-team to optimize impact on customer journey.
- Establish and cultivate relationships to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and partners across the organization.
- Use diverse and varied approaches to persuade, negotiate and influence operational decisions.
- Support, present and provide written reports of market analysis for new business opportunities as requested
- Assist BU on business case proposals, upside/down side analysis and business scenario analysis.
- Preferable 2-5 year experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a business related role
- Preferable minimum 2-5 year experience in Market research or business planning
Skills & Knowledge:
- Highly developed analytical skills (in healthcare businesses environments is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Access
- Ability to communicate and work with broad internal & external customer bases.
- Demonstrate business acumen and strategic thinking