Head LATAM Health Policy Leader
Roche assumes leadership in influencing Public Healthcare in LATAM driving improved access to innovation especially in the therapeutic areas of interest. The Policy Lead is a driving force to further expand the agenda of Roche in the supranational healthcare related organizations. The Policy Lead is a support for the country organizations to drive the agenda according to the defined priorities.
The LATAM Health Policy Leader reports to the Sr. Head of LATAM Area, is located in Washington D.C. and coordinates and engages a small team of access and policy experts across the LATAM area. He partners with key health institutions in Washington in close collaboration with the Global Health Policy Team and the US Policy team.
Purpose of the role
- Thought Leadership in Access and Innovation (pipeline)
- Liaison to global policy network and foster collaboration between countries in the area and beyond
- Leadership in guiding country policy experts to fully implement the vision of Health Policy and respective leverage of technology and state of art access/policy strategies and processes
- Facilitate the interaction with Washington DC based organizations and the affiliates
- Stakeholder management:
- Partner to key health institutions and stakeholders based in Washington (such as PAHO, World Bank, IDB, Health Think Tanks, ISPOR, HTA, embassies and delegations on visit, Foundations (such as Clinton or Gates Foundation, etc.), Fifarma, Pharma and Bio. For Global Organizations the activities with the stakeholders have to be coordinated closely with the Global and eventually US team.
- Manage the key relationships with supranational organizations in LATAM (examples PAHO, Fifarma, Unasur, Mercosur etc) to shape the regional and national agendas
- Be the chosen spokesperson for the thought leadership subjects in LATAM (Access and Innovation pipeline)
- Science degree or degree in international relations, business or communication with experience in Health Policy
- Strong interest in Public Policy especially in Health policy
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strategic mindset
- (evtl.) General Management experience
- People leadership experience in a matrix environment
- Excellent Spanish, excellent English, Portuguese a plus
- Based in Washington D.C. with willingness to travel about 30-40% of time