Principle Roles & Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Perform preformulation research on NCE including but not limit to compound pharmaceutical profiling, physicochemical property and solid state characterization, polymorph/salt/co-crystal screening for phase-appropriate solid form selection.
- Serve as a resident Preformulation expert, optimize the in-house capability to create innovative and efficient solutions to specific problems utilizing the state-of-the-art technologies and in-depth scientific knowledge and experience.
- Set up and maintain solid state and formulation equipment including XRPD, DCS, TGA, PLM, DVS, PSD etc.; writing relevant instrument user manuals and reports.
- Contribute to new chemical entity (NCE) developability evaluation from preformulation and formulation perspective.
- Knowledge in preclinical Formulation development and supply to small molecules R&D projects would be a plus. This including the support of ongoing efficacy, DMPK, and toxicology studies; Make improvements on the existing formulations.
- May represent the formulation function at cross functional project team on preformulation and formulation related matters and provide necessary support to project teams.
- Other related duties may be assigned to meet team and site objectives.
Qualification and Experience
- Advanced degree in a scientific or relevant discipline (Ph.D. or equivalent) or MS with at least 5 years’ working experience in formulation or related area.
Job Required Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience for solid state characterization, pharmaceutical profiling, polymorph/salt/co-crystal screening. Capability for fully independent work in all these areas and Identify critical physicochemical liabilities & hot spots that may impact on development.
- Solid knowledge on preformulation theories and the state-of-the-art technologies, and hands-on experience in operating, calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting of a wide range of instruments (XRPD, DSC, TGA, PLM, DVS, PSD etc).
- Knowledge on Formulation theories and technologies would be a plus.
- Must be able to manage project; must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities. must be able to manage Preformulation project. Must be proactive and self-motivated.
- Must be a good team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; can deliver good presentations in English and Chinese.