Principle Roles & Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Understands and effectively conducts laboratory experiments utilizing established internal and existing literature procedures. Evaluate and solves synthetic problems with certain degree of independence. Designs synthetic access to target molecules and refines them in the lab team.
- Timely prepares, scales up and purify new compounds and known compounds for in vitro and in vivo evaluation. Maintains an accurate and current lab notebook and analytical data according; record all necessary information.
- Remains current in organic synthesis, and has basic understanding in medicinal chemistry concepts. Independently characterizes synthesized molecules and interprets spectroscopic data.
- Writes up experimental procedures and data for publication or patent filing. Has emerging medicinal chemistry knowledge, understands in vitro and physicochemical SAR.
- Is able to present updates on own work and plans within chemistry teams. Is willing to accept tasks beyond personal roles and responsibilities.
- Contributes to the coaching of junior laboratory members.
- Maintains a safe and organized work environment. Complies with relevant SOP’s.
- An MS degree in organic/medicinal chemistry with at least 3 year of working experience.
- Ability to work in computer and new technology oriented research environment
- Good communication skills as well as an ability to work in a multi-function team
Job Required Competencies
- Ability to do synthetic chemistry on small (mg) and large (kg) scale
- Experience in analysis and purification technology for organic compounds
- English: fluent in reading and writing