Collaborating with others
Over the years Roche’s work with healthcare professionals and healthcare organisations has helped deliver many important advances for patients. Today we remain committed to working with a range of stakeholders to continue to bring innovative medicines and diagnostics in areas of unmet medical need.
As an innovation-based biotech company, Roche is committed to researching, developing and producing new medicines and diagnostic tests that help patients to live better and longer lives. To deliver these medical advances, Roche partners closely with healthcare organisations and professionals that have experience, knowledge and insights which complement that of our own scientists.
These collaborations are essential because they:
- Help us to learn about the treatment of different diseases and the unmet medical needs.
- Support our assessment of a potential new treatment, targeting a specific disease element and developing research programmes that address these clinical needs.
- Enable us to see where our medicines should sit in the treatment pathway, and to understand the information clinicians need to identify the right option for a specific patient.
- Help physicians to ensure their skills and knowledge remain up to date by funding vital education and training.
We are confident that we achieve more when we work together and are proud that over the years our work with healthcare organisations and professionals has delivered so many important advances for patients.
- CHF9.3bn invested in R&D during 2015
- Over 240 partnerships with companies and institutes
- 1,610 Roche trials underway involving 324,000 patients
- 29 Roche medicines included in the WHO List of Essential Medicines
- Six new oncology medicines launched in Europe during past ten years
- 12 US FDA breakthrough therapy designations