Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases
With a strong and diverse portfolio covering the most common to the rarest neurological conditions, Roche is approaching neuroscience and rare diseases with curiosity, passion and rigor to follow the science to improve the lives of people.
In ophthalmology we combine our in-depth understanding of the underlying disease biology, with new data and analytical sources such as real-world data, machine learning, and advanced algorithms. This approach will potentially allow us to design and assess therapies that target new pathways, work in novel ways or are administered via long-acting delivery mechanisms.
Partnering opportunities we are looking for:
- Neurodegeneration (e.g. Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Huntington disease, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
- Neuroinflammation (e.g. Multiple sclerosis)
- Neurodevelopmental (e.g. Autistic spectrum disorder)
- Pain (non-opioid treatments for chronic pain)
- Retinal diseases and dry eye disease
- Monogenetic rare diseases
Convelo Therapeutics – collaboration to discover and develop novel remyelinating medicines for patients with neurological disorders
Kineta Inc. – collaboration to explore novel non-opioid treatments for chronic pain
PTC and SMA foundation – collaboration to explore oral therapies for SMA
Forsight Vision4 – Acquisition to acquire Port Delivery system for long-acting ocular delivery