Senior Director Strategy & Transactions Roche Diagnostic Partnering
Who We Are
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As the Partnering Strategy & Transactions Sub-Chapter Lead (Sr. Director), you will report to the Chapter Lead of Partnering Strategy & Transactions and will be a critical member of the S&T Chapter Leadership Team.
In this position, you will be the leading figure and key point of contact for Roche Diagnostics’ capabilities in Partnering Strategy & Transactions. You will improve the chapter’s overarching expertise based on current and upcoming needs to deliver on network and business priorities and to enable Roche to remain a partner of choice in the rapidly evolving Diagnostics landscape.
In addition to your sub-chapter head responsibility, you will also be an active contributor in cross-functional teams/squads focused on delivering different Partnering projects.
You will be responsible to excel in developing the capabilities of Chapter members specialized in Partnering Strategy & Transactions, including their skills in search, evaluation and execution across all deal types including but not limited to licensing, merger & acquisitions and strategic collaborations. As a line manager of Chapter members, you will be responsible for designing and optimizing Chapter members’ personal professional journey and coaching your direct reports.
You will collaborate primarily with the RDS & RIS Partnering Network Leads, other Partnering chapter leaders and Sub-Chapter Leaders. You will also partner with Pharma Partnering and the different business areas, global functions and group functions. These interactions are intended to support bringing the right capabilities and expertise to the efforts & squads to deliver across Networks’ priorities (who organize around business value). You will play a key role in crafting and implementing key aspects of Diagnostics Partnering mid- to long-term strategy and ultimately contribute to the overall Roche Diagnostics Vision.
You will be responsible to...
Ensure that Roche Diagnostics’ capabilities in Partnering Strategy & Transactions thrive:
- Support the Chapter lead to define the short and long term capability needs for the Chapter to deliver on the Function’s and Network’s(business) strategy, and execute on it, ultimately advancing the Function’s expertise and helping our Customer Areas and LCT’s to achieve their business objectives
Establish a learning organization in Partnering Strategy & Transactions where best practices are continuously shared. Build a learning Curriculum for the needed skills and capabilities of the Chapter.
Maintain and develop all processes, systems and tools assets and related to Partnering Strategy & Transactions that are owned by Roche Diagnostics.
Establish community or practice to facilitate cross-learnings and sharing of best practices.
- Leverage a consolidated view of the Chapter’s capabilities to represent the most senior level of specialized expertise in all Partnering transactions across all deal types including but not limited to licensing, merger & acquisitions and strategic collaborations towards the Business and other Functions
- Promote fluidity of Chapter members’ capabilities (as needed) to easily support different business needs across Networks
Support access to the right resources
- Work closely with Partnering Roche Diagnostic Solutions & Roche Information Solutions Network Leads and Partnering Strategy & Transactions Chapter Lead to identify and translate strategic direction to capability needs that will enable execution and delivery
- Collaborate with external stakeholders with the aim of building future partnerships
- Support Network Leads within Partnering to allocate the right resources to the right efforts, e.g. either to support squad staffing or provide functional expertise to support decision making in the different Partnering Committees
- Qualifications (Formal Education and Years of Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Biological Sciences or related field required.
- Master’s Degree or its foreign equivalent in a business, law, or scientific discipline (e.g. Biotechnology, Life Sciences) or related field.
- 12 years of experience in a Business Development or Corporate Development position or in a related occupation such as Market Analytics, Equity Research, Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting, Product Management, or related is required.
- Experience identifying external opportunities, negotiating terms, making recommendations & closing transactions is required.
- History of conducting market assessments, asset valuations, and IP is required.
- Experience in diagnostic industry is preferred.