Engineering Manager in Software Testing
Testing is a very important pillar in the success of IT Products. We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Testing Manager to lead a team of test engineers working in different projects, with the initiative to drive improvements in our test activities, methodologies, project interaction and overall processes.
What will you do?
- Defining working structure, planning resources, assigning roles and developing personnel
- Responsible for hiring and growing the right set of skills to improve further the testing in Roche Diagnostic’s software platforms.
- Providing technical leadership, career development and coaching for team members.
- Responsible for training status of the team members according to our Quality Assurance processes.
- Establishing performance targets for the team members and performing appraisals.
- Responsible of capacity planning and resource assignment in alignment with the project demands and overall strategy
- Getting acquainted with product needs and technical solutions to efficiently and effectively support the scrum teams and engineers of the team.
- Favoring seamless and streamlined integration of test activities into the agile flow, in liaison with peer roles in product management and other software disciplines.
- Rolling-out and continually optimizing the necessary processes and methodologies to align with the defined software engineering values, priorities and goals.
- Being the voice of testing in product teams.
Who you are
- For this position more than 5 years’ experience in Software Testing is required in order to lead effectively the team.
- Experience as Test Manager is highly recommended.
- Good Technical Leadership in terms of communication, passion, innovation and courage to drive changes.
- Knowledge about regulated environments will be valued.
As a candidate you also fulfill the following formal requirements:
- Higher Education in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical disciplines.
- Experience in software testing methods, test processes, and test strategies (preferably ISTQB certified tester)
- Acquaintance with agile development practices.
You will find:
- Excellent people, international projects and a company which we strongly believe the employees are the biggest strength so you’ll be able to take your own decisions
- Highly professional, motivated and committed team of experts working in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Working environment with state of the art software engineering technologies methodologies and tools
- Free coffee :)