This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Communications professional to join the Global Infrastructure & Solutions (GIS) IT team in Roche.
GIS is represented in many countries around the world, and this role would specifically support the team in Madrid.
Although this is a local role at this point, there may be opportunities to expand it over time, particularly since we are building up our capabilities in Latin America.
As Communications Manager, you will report to the Head of GIS Communications with a dotted line to the GIS Site Manager in Madrid.
- You will be responsible for helping create and drive the communications strategy that delivers impactful campaigns, both internally and externally, supporting the business objectives, culture and values of Roche.
- You will have at least one direct report, an intern and junior communications manager, who will support you in your role. You will be responsible for inspiring, leading, motivating and developing this colleague.
- As we operate in a matrix, you will also have to collaborate with the Head of Pharma Communications of Roche Pharma Madrid, the local Roche affiliate. You will be required to ensure that your external communications activities in Spain are in line with the way in which Roche Pharma Madrid also communicates to external audiences within the Spanish market. As many communications channels may involve the Global channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc., you will work with the Head of Communications of GIS on this.
- Partnering with your business stakeholders, you will provide sound strategic communications advice. Ensuring total alignment between internal and external communications is essential as you promote brand values that engender involvement, pride and belief among employees while enhancing the company’s external reputation among potential employees of GIS in Spain. Media activities are to be conducted exclusively in close collaboration with Roche Pharma Madrid and should not be initiated by you. You may however be required to make statements to the media, or help the GIS leadership team in Madrid to prepare such statements on an ad-hoc basis.
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring energy, drive and enthusiasm to your work and are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You thrive in a fast paced environment, working at all levels, from the strategic to the more tactical communications.
As an innovative, highly organised self-starter you will be someone who understands the strategic role of communications and committed to promoting new opportunities, approaches and technology advances in communications. Roche prides itself on being a Top Employer and being a truly ‘Great place to work’ and this role is key to the success of this.
- We are looking for candidates with a degree and qualifications in Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- Minimum experience of 7 years in communications, either within the Pharma/Diagnostics/Healthcare industry, or within an agency, preferably within the Healthcare or the IT communications departments.
- You will speak English and Spanish fluently. Other languages are very welcome.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Communications, Communications > External & Internal Communications