The software department leader in Sant Cugat is part of the global software development organization of CPS R&D Hematology & Coagulation with sites in Sant Cugat, Boston and Rotkreuz. He or she has the overall responsibility for the software development teams in Sant Cugat which includes the seamless integration into the local site organization but also the provisioning of best in class software development teams.
- Responsible for the overall management of the local software department in Sant Cugat as part of the global R&D Hematology & Coagulation software department.
- Being a true leader of the software department, responsible for performance and development plans, coaching, people development etc.
- Provide leadership in terms of software development methodologies, software quality assurance to build and maintain a high performing software engineering organization.
- Represent CPS R&D Coagulation & Hematology towards local functions such as HR, finance, facility management, etc.
- Responsible for the planning and controlling of the local cost center
- Ensuring compliance of department staff with SOPs and employment laws
Who You Are
- University degree in Computer Science or similar, further education in business administration is a plus
- Strong experience in leading software development teams
- High motivation to grow talents and develop organizations
- Professional experience in software product development
- Experience in mentoring and executing agile (i.e. Scrum), lean and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong affinity to software quality assurance
- Working experience in the medical device industry or other regulated environment is a plus
- Technical background in Windows and Linux, Microsoft .NET, C++ and Java is a plus
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions