Located in Basel, Pharmaceutical Development is responsible for Early and Late Stage Pharmaceutical Development of parenteral dosage forms for biologics and small molecules. This mainly includes Formulation Development, Drug Product Process Development, Process Characterization/Process Validation (PC/PV), Transfer to Commercial Production or CMOs, Commercial Production Support, Primary Packaging Development, Drug and Combination Product Manufacturing for GLP TOX (non-GMP facilities) and Clinical studies (GMP facility) , Technology Development and Evaluation including Drug Delivery.
Within the department, Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development is primarily responsible for the development of early-stage parenteral formulations for biologics (Tox, Clinical Phase 1/2) , new chemical entities including peptides, RNA/DNAs, formulation automation and GLP supplies for preclinical studies.
The position comprises predominantly the following tasks:
- Leading and managing portfolio projects in all aspects of daily project and research work in Pharmaceutical Development. Formulation development of biologics and/or small molecule parenterals for preclinical studies and early clinical development
- Representation of the department in international technical development teams, international committees within Roche and cross-functional teams
- Providing expert content in a working group and scientific leadership on complex assignments, projects and bring new ideas that could lead to improvements in processes. Deliver alternative solutions/options considering costs, resource management implications
- Authoring and/or supervising publications or patents, or giving presentations, lectures at university or conferences and/or initiation of new research activities
- Interacting and maintaining excellent partnership with a wide range of stakeholders within the company and externally. Convey complex information, advise and convince diverse stakeholders/audiences within scientific or technical area