At Roche, 97,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
Roche Diagnostics has built a new strategic area – Diagnostics Information Solutions (DIS) – charged with creating a modern portfolio of Clinical Decision Support (CDS) software products that change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from pharmaceuticals, medical devices and IT systems from health care delivery practices, intelligently process, and present this data to clinicians, researchers, and caregivers to improve research outcomes and patient care by offering a suite of CDS solutions.
As a Principal Quantitative Scientist - Health Economics and Outcomes Research, you are part of Data Science & Services (DSS) team at DIS and responsible for leading, planning and managing the execution of health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) projects to generate evidence in support of NAVIFY product portfolio as well as for diagnostic tests from the DIA organization to improve patient care. You will collaborate and interact with key partners within the function and across the organization to gather and shape the HEOR field in diagnostics. You will act as the go-to person in the field of HEOR for DIS.
In this position, you will also ensure that the design, execution, and presentation of evidence are adhering to the scientific standards and that modelling assumptions are clearly documented and communicated. In order to succeed you will use your expertise in HEOR and your experience in handling several different stakeholders. In addition, a good understanding of HEOR perspectives from healthcare providers as hospitals and payers is necessary. Having hand-on experience in building and evaluating HEOR models is essential. Experience of working with real-world data (RWD) in technical tools such as SAS, R, Python, and SQL is a plus.
- He/she has the primary responsibility for the design, planning and execution of HEOR studies using a variety of healthcare databases including RWD.
- Develops HEOR study protocols, leads the analysis and evidence generation, and reviews publications generated from HEOR projects supporting evidence needs for in vitro diagnostics and CDS product portfolio.
- He/she will work closely with key partners in DIS and DIA ranging from clinical science, data science, medical affairs to product development and market access, identifying the needs and validating the clinical and economic outcome of new technologies and procedures in hospitals.
- Ensures high quality results from analysis which can be published as posters, abstracts or manuscripts for a variety of external and internal events or congresses increasing scientific profile and visibility of the organization.
- Supports HEOR projects enabling Health Technology Assessments, Market Access & Reimbursement dossiers for medical devices or CDS systems in collaboration with global teams.
- Enables other team members to grow professionally and to gain additional expertise in HEOR.
- Maintains knowledge of HEOR science methods and their application, and generates awareness and understanding of the same across DIS and DIA.
- Has the ability to explain the strengths and limitations of HEOR and to influence others without authority.
Who are You?
- Expert in HEOR including the understanding of cost structure and procedures at hospitals.
- Equipped with hands-on experience applying HEOR approaches to RWD.
- Strong collaborator and good team player with good influential skills and able to establish as a thought partner/leader.
- Excellent communication skills, effective stakeholder management ability, constructive at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong solution finding, resilience and a sense of ownership with effective prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of and hands-on experience in using various RWD sources for HEOR studies
- Good understanding of hospital cost structure and hospital procedures
- Proven experience in design, implementation and reporting of HEOR studies in the Diagnostics/Pharma industry
- Good leadership skills including project management and the ability to bring new value to teams by motivating and supervising work of others
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills
- Strategic mindset and can-do attitude
Background/Experience and Education:
- Masters or Doctoral degree in health economics and outcomes research, health service research, epidemiology, public health, economics or similar areas of academic training is required.
- At least 5+ years of relevant working experience including designing and conducting HEOR studies and/or medical coding
- Experience in generating HEOR studies and evidence to support product or medical device claims is a plus.
- Notable HEOR publication history and recent state-of-the-art work.
- Recognized as team leader and experience in mentoring team members.
- Very good knowledge of English in a business environment.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a hardworking team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Digitization, Data and Insights