Contract expert responsible for account management for assigned Integrated Health Network (“IHN”), Group Purchasing Organizations (“GPO”) or Large Reference Lab (“LRL”) customers supported by Roche’s Corporate Accounts team. Key focus is to enable commercial strategy and drive contract strategies that support improving the customer experience with an enterprise contractual approach while balancing the unique needs of each RDC Franchise. This position will manage contracting elements across the entire RDC portfolio, as well as each IHN,GPO, or LRL portfolio. The Sr. Contract Consultant will be a liaison to present seamless and flexible contract solutions to the IHN, GPO or LRL assigned customers, while ensuring alignment to optimize operational efficiencies.
Participates in the development and implementation of contracts for one or more customer channels/segments. Provide contract expertise when participating with cross-functional teams regarding contract tactics, bids, terms, and customer compliance. May specialize in a specific segment such as contracts with the Federal Government.
Position requires specialized, in-depth, comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex, including research, analysis, solution development, original drafting of commercial terms, and independent contract negotiation and travel to Customer sites. Provides direction on issues within area of expertise and assists department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically a higher level professional position. Requires a detailed understanding of contract law and the ability to apply that knowledge independently, including the regular use of originality and ingenuity.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Experienced working in a team environment where the results of the individual contribute to moving the team forward and achieving the team goals
- Capable of addressing and resolving conflict by creating an atmosphere of openness and trust, establishes strong collaborative relationships within and across diverse teams
- Leverage critical thinking and problem solving skills to develop and implement streamlined and compliant business processes and systematic solutions
- Ability to assess complex long term objectives, business strategies, and government regulations, translating these into operational outcomes
- Links role responsibilities with the mission of the organization
Technical and business expertise
- Have aptitude for and enjoy detailed technical data, apply knowledge to improve results in an operational setting and contribute to overall team success
- Highly skilled at synthesizing and applying business knowledge to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively use data and data systems to capture and articulate data to key stakeholders and customers
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years contract or relevant experience
- Subject matter expertise in ERP and CRM systems, such as SAP and Salesforce.com
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated, confident, positive, detail oriented and dependable with solid follow-up skills
- Account management ownership with a demonstrated approach to complex and sensitive customer and business communications requiring key stakeholder relations and solutions
- Knowledge of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN’s), or Integrated Health Networks (IHN’s)
- Ability to influence and position new ideas, initiatives and innovations
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with ambiguity, effectively manage changing priorities, and maintain professionalism during stressful situations as well as lead through time- and business –critical contract strategies involving multiple teams
- Ability to follow procedural guidelines and respond to and/or research customer concerns/inquiries with urgency and accuracy
- Prefer contract experience in the life sciences industry
- Advanced degree
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
Job Level:Individual contributor