Roche Diagnostics Automation Solutions (RDA)in Greater Stuttgart is one of Roche's competence centers for the development and production of laboratory automation systems. The automation solutions from Roche Diagnostics play a key role in making laboratory results quickly and safely accessible to doctors and patients. At RDA, we bring all technical disciplines together to develop the next generation of laboratory automation systems. We are looking for a Systems Engineer (m/f/d) with focus on Requirements Engineering for the identification of market, customer and service requirements and translation into product requirements as well as their analysis, functional decomposition and further segmentation into subsystem and component requirements.
As Systems Engineer (m/f/d) at our site in Kornwestheim, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team providing the "system view" and ensuring that the various pieces work together and achieve the objectives of the whole. You specify requirements according to common best practices ensure traceability and contribute to the definition of the architecture as well as to the verification of laboratory automation systems. According to the principle»Without Diagnostics, Medicine is blind«
What is there for you to do in detail:
- You systematically analyze and document functional and non-functional product requirements for laboratory automation systems, focusing not only on performance but also on cost and reliability aspects (Design for Cost and Reliability).
- You are ensuring the traceability of requirements and manage them throughout the product life cycle.
- You will be involved in defining the system architecture and distributing product requirements to subsystems and components as well as identifying and specifying internal and external interfaces.
- You contribute to the evaluation of different solution concepts within the scope of comparative trade studies and optimize system, subsystem and component solutions by using suitable modeling and simulation techniques.
- You will support the iterative and incremental integration of subsystems and components into an integrated system and work hand-in-hand with colleagues from verification.
- As part of the product risk management team you will identify, assess and mitigate technical risks throughout the entire development process.
What else awaits you:
- Our R&D site is characterized by a dynamic and agile environment. We have clear goals in mind and plenty of room for creative thinking thanks to our medium-sized company, but at the same time, we value the security that the Roche Group gives us.
- RDA employees are asked to contribute courageously providing unconventional ideas and thus actively shape the success of the company.
- We are passionate about our work and motivated by what we do: Doing now what patients need next.
Do you see yourself in the following profile?
- You have completed your studies in mechanical, electrical, software, medical engineering or similar and have already gained initial professional experience in a relevant field.
- You have knowledge of common requirements management tools, e.g. Polarion, DOORS, HP ALM, etc.
- You have knowledge in the functional analysis and decomposition of complex mechatronic systems, ideally using model-based techniques such as Model-Based Systems Engineering with SysML or BPMN.
- In addition, keywords such as reliability, availability, maintainability and robust design methods are not foreign to you, but rather an incentive in your daily work.
- You convince through your reliability, self-discipline and strong team skills to achieve results in a multicultural and cross-functional team and have the courage to represent your own point of view.
- Training or certification as INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional, IREB Professional for Requirements Engineering or comparable is beneficial
- A good command of spoken and written English completes your profile.
Please upload your current CV, letter of motivation and relevant certificates / references. Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Contact person for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the job ad, please contact Georg Zimmermann, Tel. +49 7151 959 22 642.
For technical questions, please contact our AskHR team at +49 621 759 3372.
What you should know before applying to Roche:
Click here to see which steps are necessary for an application.
You have applied - what happens next?
Click here for a brief insight into our recruiting process.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Engineering, Engineering > Design Engineering & Architecture