Sr. Systems Engineer, gRED Clinical Imaging
The Genentech Pharma Informatics (PI) gRED IT group seeks a talented and motivated Systems Engineer to join us in supporting the Genentech Research & Early Development (gRED) Clinical Imaging Group. Your responsibilities will include working with a diverse team of scientists and IT staff to identify, deploy, maintain and integrate solutions for clinical imaging data management, processing and visualization. The job will utilize and build on your experience in scientific imaging, computer system administration, software development and scientific data transfers.
Genentech Research & Early Development is an agile, tech savvy and exciting organization that consistently leads the industry in Pharmaceutical and Biotech discovery. gRED's primary mission is to shape the future of medicine by discovering and developing life-changing therapies through pioneering science. gRED encourages an open, academic-like atmosphere and frequently publishes in top-tier, peer reviewed journals.
- Provide administration and support of Clinical Image Data management applications
- Deploy and manage data transfer and file sharing services for clinical images
- Manage electronic data exchange with external Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Work with scientists, vendors and IT to maintain and improve image processing pipelines
- Provide 2nd level support of applications in distributed client computing environments
- Participate as a technical resource in gRED IT projects time permitting and as needed
- Support system issue diagnosis, troubleshooting and technical resource coordination
- Perform validation and basic quality control of externally acquired image datasets
- Document risk and impact assessments for application upgrades and migrations
- Maintain department controlled documents and standard operating procedures
- Continually search for opportunities to automate workflows and streamline processes