Department: Materials Management
Reports to: Head of Procurement
The incumbent is directly accountable for the following:
- Responsible for management of the Procurement categories as assigned and ensuring zero stock out of materials with full compliance with Roche Procurement Policies and RSTO Procurement Guidelines.
- Support and collaborate with partners across Roche network sites and engage in network level activities to ensure business process consistency and best practice sharing.
- Ensure Procurement activities adhere to Roche Procurement Policies, RSTO Procurement Guidelines, local regulations, Safety and cGMP regulations, site audit readiness for internal and external regulatory agencies and site/global metric adherences.
- Using lean methodologies and identify continuous improvement opportunities (KAIZEN) for Procurement work processes and actively engaged in functional/cross-functional Kaizen initiatives.
- Provide support and coaching to peers and team.
- Managed work priorities, timeline and resources to ensure work results are achieved.
3) Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining Risk Mitigation Inventory (RMI) based on RMI strategies for high risk materials as identified by Global Risk Management. Also to determine and maintain local RMI for those materials where risk are identified to be site specific.
- Support CMO operations by ensuring their forecast for the planned materials are received and supported as per agreed Service Level Agreement.
- Manage the end-to-end Procure to pay process for assigned categories that was assigned with zero stock out.
- Manage and ensure timely review of Trackwise assessment as assigned by Supplier Quality for Vendor initiated changes.
- To build and maintain a successful Supplier relationship and manage Supplier Delivery Performance and ensuring materials are delivered on time and in full, complying with materials specifications and providing all documentations as requested.
- Assist in compiling site analytics related to spend and identify opportunity for cost saving through local sourcing or alternate sourcing from approved suppliers. The incumbent would execute the RFP/RFI process, review and negotiate for Cost savings on materials.
- Develop and implement Cost savings initiatives on site purchases.
- Communicate proactively with sponsors, stakeholders and suppliers regarding progress, issues and plans for resolution.
- Regular check-in with Head of Procurement to ensure alignment of priorities, goals and related activities.
- Interface professionally and maintain good rapport and working relationship with Global Materials Planners, Global Category Managers, Site Master Scheduler, Site Detailed Planner/Schedulers, Logistics, requestors/stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Support & enforce RSTO Procurement Guidelines and ensure all Procurement activities are in compliance to guidelines as well as not in violation to any regulatory or cGMP requirements.
- Lead/ Participate in Cross-functional teams Kaizen improvement/ cost reduction initiatives and drive Continuous improvement initiatives on Procurement processes to improve work efficiency, effectiveness and drive Procurement cost savings.
- Achieve Procurement KPIs and Cost Savings target as determined by Head of Procurement
- Assist in compiling details and perform analysis on reporting assigned categories.
- Participate in daily Cross-functional and Functional SQDEC meeting.
- Participate in Network meetings/ Global category meetings (as required).
- Lead the Monthly Local Business Review meeting with Key suppliers and managed Supplier relationship.
- Constant review on RSTO Procurement processes and ensure it is aligned with Global Procurement / Material Planning Business Process and work collaboratively with network/ local stakeholders in identifying any opportunities via Lean Production Systems methodology/tools to improve work efficiency and effectiveness. This also includes sharing of best practices with the team.
- Maintain RSTO Procurement Handbook/Guidelines and support team development and inter and intra-company cross-training initiative through coaching and knowledgement management.
- Be a Subject matter expert (SME) for Procurement process and support site wide audits.
- Participate in External Supplier warehouse audit with Supplier Quality team (where applicable).
- Comply with Export Trade Compliance requirement and responsible for screening of new business partners
4) Safety, Health & Environment
- Comply with all RSTO’s Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Observe all RSTO’s site security measures at all times, and report any suspicious characters/objects & damaged security mechanisms to Site Security immediately.
5) Lean Production System
- Embody PT Lean Production System (LPS), while demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset and behaviors through the use and application of LPS tools for continuous improvement initiatives
6) Qualifications (Education & Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Competencies)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Purchasing, Operations, Supply Chain Management or related field of study.
- Certified C.P.M. or CPIM a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant working experiences in Procurement or Supply Chain operations in manufacturing, Biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical industry with cGMP desirable.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiating skills in a variety of different type of contracts agreements.
- SAP experience desired.
- Experience in procuring GMP/MRO materials.
- Good team player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to develop close working relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Good facilitation, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Numeric with strong analytical skills, creative problem solving capabilities and an eye for details.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Proven influencing and demonstrate good leadership, decision making skills and willing to take up ownership and driving for results.
- Excellent Supplier management and negotiation skills.
- Self-driven and motivated with an engrained quality mindset.
- Strive for operation excellence and extraordinary results.
- Good with Microsoft Excel application
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience is a plus.
- Strategic thinking