Are you looking for a new scientific challenge?
We bring game-changing viral vector based therapies from early clinical supply into the market to serve patients with an unmet clinical need to cure diseases. Our core business is to develop safe, innovative and effective therapies using cutting-edge technology for the whole value chain. Our daily work in the area of Late Stage Process Development in the Pharma division is characterized by striving to develop world-class AAV manufacturing processes.
As Scientist, you will join an expert team in Pharma Technical Development Europe (PTDE) in the area of Cell Culture Process Development for viral vector based therapies. The objective of your work is to develop and implement technologies and processes for process development, production and characterization of recombinant viral vectors with a focus on AAV. As a member of a global team, you will work together with colleagues from different sites of the Roche group but also academic institutions as collaboration partner.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Leading projects to develop and implement technologies that improve manufacturing processes for viral vectors focusing on AAV.
- Identify, develop, and implement new technologies to characterize viral vectors
- Develop strategies to improve the productivity and ensure manufacturability
- Execute the projects proactively with internal and external partners. Support work in the laboratory and pilot plants through the transfer of own practical skills and supervision of master students
- Ensure cutting edge technologies by attending (and presenting at) scientific meetings, publication of scientific advances and interacting with the academic community.
- Contribute to the submission of applications for clinical trials and launch.
Who you are:
- You hold a PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or in another related field with deep understanding of virology, cell biology and scientific contributions in viral vector manufacturing
- You have hands on experience in the field of AAVs and virus vector technology, including small scale production and product characterization
- You demonstrate your qualification by at least one first author paper
- You are highly motivated and flexible to work on challenging projects
- You are a team player but you also have the ability to work independently with excellent planning and organizational skills
- You foster a collaborative and trusting relationship and enjoy working in an international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with success in influencing others
- Fluent English skills, written and spoken, is mandatory,
- Advanced German skills are required
This position is fixed termed to 3 years.
We look forward to your application with cover letter and current CV!
Internal Job Posting until: 15.08.2021
Remuneration bandwidth: MTV
Please contact us if you have any questions!
We are pleased that you are considering Roche as a potential employer! Our FAQ will help you with various questions regarding the application process.
With people. For people.
Do you need further assistance? You can reach us from monday to friday from 08:30 am - 4 pm by phone: (+49) (0) 621-759 1616. We are pleased to respond to your inquiries.