Roche Diagnostics Belgium (RDB) is looking for a talented Key Account Manager who masters advanced consultative selling skills. S/he is able to sell a perspective instead of a product, putting the customer in the center. The Key Account Manager is responsible for one strategic international key account for Belgium, Luxembourg and Italy. Country focus could be adapted based on the customer life cycle.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Key Account Manager BE/LU/IT defines the International Key Account strategic approach with agreement and support of the International Key Account Manager and squad. Implement and orchestrate the one Roche voice to the customer according to the Roche strategy with affiliate teams.
Main Business / Commercial Responsibilities
- Increase Sales and Profit targets for Roche diagnostics in the immediate-, medium- and long-term
- Contributes to the elaboration of the international strategy for the International Key Account and leads the implementation with affiliates.
- Manage the relationship with international C-level stakeholders. Define and build long term partnerships, plan and lead local negotiations
- Hungry for developing and closing new opportunities and spends the majority of the time with the customers, intimately knowing their needs (underlying needs), opportunities and future plans
- Establish effective stakeholder management internally. Forge strong collaboration with the affiliate team and mobilize internal expertise to achieve business goals
- Support proactively strategic projects within the Customer Squad
- Identify, anticipate and proactively address International Key Account challenges (considering market dynamics, regulations, …)
Main People Management Responsibilities
- Matrix Leadership across countries and cultures
- Active member of the Customer squad
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive commercial innovation and best practices to manage top accounts.
- Plan and lead international negotiations
- Actively contribute to the International Key Account Manager community
- Act as an agile leader and change agent
- Role model to develop a feedback and coaching culture within Roche
- Advocate for the greater good of Roche when managing conflicting interests
- Implement and drive the proper use of sales reporting and monitoring tools
Key Result Areas
- High Performing Team – highly engaged and motivated
- High customer satisfaction
- Sales & profit
- Share feedback and experience
Roche Leadership Commitments
Firmly believes that each person at Roche deserves a great leader. Strives every day to lead by example, consistently demonstrating the values of Integrity, Courage and Passion. This means:
- Takes a genuine interest in people.
- Listens carefully, tells the truth, and explains “the why”.
- Empowers and trusts people to make decisions.
- Discovers and develops the potential in people.
- Strives for excellence and extraordinary results.
- Sets priorities and simplifies work.
- Congratulates people for a job well done.
The ideal candidate masters advanced consultative selling skills at the customers, going beyond the product, focussing on bringing perspective. S/he is able to team up with our full RDB organisation and brings the right positive mindset leadership into the projects, hunting for opportunities. The Key Account manager is able to prioritize and focus on the key opportunities.
- Several years of experience in at least one of the following fields: clinical labs, pathology labs or life science. Master the relevant diagnosis technologies, competition offerings, R&D trends and opportunities
- Previous sales or Key Account management Experience in IVD – sound knowledge of European healthcare market International experience. Any experience abroad for more than 1 year is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of strategic selling skills and advanced customer relationship management skills. S/he has commercial talent and is sales minded, showing strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer communication skills: capability to listen to and understand the customer, to create enthusiasm, to create needs and to respond adequately to the needs of customers
- Agile mindset: the set of attitudes supporting an agile working environment. These include respect, collaboration, improvement and learning cycles, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.
- Positive mental "doer" attitude with a hands-on promptness in decision making.
- A dynamic, high energy and self-starting individual who inspires teams through natural leadership and passion, energizing those around him/her.
- Project management and coordination skills.
- University degree in a scientific or business field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Fluency in French and English is preferred, both verbal and written. Italian is a plus.