At Roche, we named our entry point for all employees and managers the “People Portal” and the enabling team taking care of People & Culture (P&C) work is named “People Support Team”. The Payroll, Time, Benefits team focuses on payroll, time, benefits support and provides customer service and advisory support to P&C and business partners on local P&C systems and processes and ensuring end-to-end process completion in line with customer focused principles to ensure the Roche People Practices work for the business.
As a Payroll, Time, Benefits Specialist, you are responsible for executing P&C system data maintenance and administrative activities in a timely and accurate manner in support of P&C business processes (in the area of payroll, tax, social insurance, time, local and global benefits, leave management etc.) for both Pharma and Diagnostic organizations. You are also contributing to the continuous improvement of the P&C Support Solutions delivery through analysis of the interactions and collaboration with other P&C functions within and outside of P&C Support Solutions. You need a broad understanding across local P&C processes and tools, as well as local and global downstream impacts on employee lifecycle management, finance, procurement, IT, etc. This is coupled with strong customer focus, communication skills and solution orientation.
We are a team that works very closely together supporting a country or cluster of countries as part of a region. A high degree of flexibility and proactivity is expected. Being part of the People Support Team you are a member of the People Support Solutions organization. People Support Solutions turns decisions into action and provides employees, senior managers and other stakeholders (such as P&C colleagues and authorities) with all required HR services – on time and to the agreed standard of quality. We also ensure good employee relations, anticipate our customers' future needs and proactively develop solutions.
- Ensure all payroll calculations and payments with speed and accuracy
- Serves as liaison to employees and with third party payroll/time vendors to ensure payroll and/or time processing accurately reflects company specific policies.
- Execute the accurate termination processes of employees within the organization
- Execute system data maintenance and administrative activities in support of P&C business processes (in the area of payroll, tax, social insurance, time, local and global benefits, leave management, termination process etc.).
- Execute benefit enrollment, calculations and payment processes, communicate changes to all related stakeholders.
- Responsible of all benefits vendor management activities and billing tasks
- Provide customer service on payroll and benefits related activities, such as inquiry resolution, request management, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the local system employee data
- Ensure all UAT testing and ongoing benefit system improvements
- Supports P&C Chapters in payroll and benefits system maintenance activities.
- Oversee preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for finance, accounting, tax authorities, leadership etc.
- Coordinates third party payroll and/or time system implementations and upgrades
- Responsible of creating and archiving all employment data
- Facilitate employee and manager understanding of payroll procedures
- Be up to date on processes, own the knowledge development on processes, and contribute to the update of relevant documentations
- Execute the employment cost budget simulations
- Participating in project activities as required
- Display high integrity on the job and comply with the Roche guidelines, including data privacy rules and regulations.
- Ensure consistent and reliable service delivery for customers serviced.
- Ensure operations according to defined KPIs and SLAs.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in line with the countries, customers, and regulations.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships and communications to partner in a proactive and customer outcomes focused way.
- Collaborate with peers within region and globally to ensure the HR Support Solutions network provides consistent and effective services to our customers.
- Achieve our P&C Support Solutions vision by driving local consistency through collaboration.
Who you are
In this role you will be working within a team of Specialists focusing on a customer group from one of the regions and across various functions and levels within the organization. We are seeking an individual with:
- Bachelors’ Degree and 3 years or more of total relevant Payroll and/or Compensation Accounting experience
- Knowledge of payroll, Turkish legalization and tax processes
- Preferably experience in a shared service center and in an HR services environment.
- Experience working in a team and service delivery or customer care environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced critical thinking
- Strong communication skills and the ability to turn data into a story
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with organizational and project-management skills
- Mastery of Excel
- Knowledge of English and the Turkish language is a must
- Core capabilities include:
- Living customer centricity through your day-to-day interactions (incl. needs anticipation, cultural awareness, managing one’s response)
- Demonstrating end-to-end accountability (incl. big picture and impact understanding, engaging others to ensure a successful outcome)
- Demonstrating problem-solving (incl. active listening, critical thinking, process improvements)
- Having a growth mindset (incl. taking risks and experimenting, seeking new learning opportunities, asking and giving feedback)