Responsible for all aspects of various projects of a moderately complex nature. Interfaces with all areas affected or supporting the project. Responsible for assembling project time, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Monitors projects from initiation through delivery including monitoring budget/spending.
- Manages project team information to support project team, Project Management Office and/or Steering Team decision making.
- Accountable for quality implementation on projects in the following areas: Project risk management; Critical path analysis; Scenario creation and analysis; Budget; Robust planning.
- Ability to identify and communicate issues proactively to a wide range of stakeholders
- Creates, coordinates and maintains integrated project plans in Project & Portfolio Mgmt. Tool (PPM).
- Identifies gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays, challenges assumptions and proposes options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule.
- Guides and manages preparation for project milestone reviews.
- Manages meetings to include setting agendas, organizing meeting time and meeting minutes.
- Consistently executes project management processes, and may lead improvement initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering or business administration.
Preferred: Master's Degree in science, engineering or business administration.
Required: 5 years
Preferred: 5-8 years project management, product development
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Yes, equivalent combination of education and work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving skills and ability to coordinate project related activities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Proficient in MS Project and/or Project & Portfolio Management Tool. Smartsheets is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint or Google Sheets and Slides
- Ability to independently manage projects with ambitious milestones
- Ability to escalate and drive management decisions in relation to project execution and resource needs.
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies and Lean Continuous Improvement methodologies is a plus.
Project Management specific training and/or certification preferred.
Travel Requirements: As needed.