At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific detail, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department Cancer Immunotherapy Discovery at the Roche Innovation Center Zurich, you will focus on an exploratory research project on next generation biologics/antibodies for cancer immunotherapy
In this position you will:
- Design and generate novel next generation antibodies/biologics with molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology methods
- Characterize next generation antibodies/biologics biochemically, in cell and immunological assays and in ex vivo assay systems
This position is sponsored by the Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
The RPF Programme has the ambition to build and maintain the Scientific Leadership of the future and to provide leading Roche scientists with the opportunity to collaborate with talented postdoctoral researchers, and leading academic research groups, from around the world. One of the key aims is to advance basic science and technologies that will be published in a top-rated, peer-reviewed scientific journal if necessary preceded by priority patent applications.
The duration of the RPF project is initially set for two years, with the possibility of extension for a third year. You will be based in Roche Innovation Center Zurich in Schlieren
More information about the RPF Programme: https://www.roche.com/careers/workplaces/wp_research/the-roche-postdoctoral-fellowship-programme.htm
Who you are:
You are a scientist with a postgraduate scientific degree in the field of biochemistry, immunology, cell biology and ideally experience with monoclonal/bispecific (therapeutic) antibodies
This is your profile:
- You also have experience and expertise in the following: Cell assays incl. multi-color FACS; Immunological assays, Biochemistry as well as Antibody generation
- You have very good interpersonal and communication skills, are able to build good working relationships and are an outstanding teammate. Your experience and investigative attitude allow you to work independently, to design, perform, and interpret experiments, and to embark on new scientific methodologies
- You have been actively engaged in scientific research continuously since your PhD (MD or MD/PhD) and ready to start an RPF postdoctoral activity no later than 4 years after PhD (MD or MD/PhD)
Important to know:
- In case the first review of your application was successful, we are going to invite you to an Online Assessment around the end of October.
- The start date of this fellowship is March 1, 2021. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date on your motivation letter.
- All applications always need to include a CV, motivation letter, a publication list and summary of methods applied
Do you know what Roche stands for? Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research