Senior Technical Lead - R&D DIA IT, Research and Lab Execution Domain
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
This position is for a highly experienced Senior Technical Lead who will provide technical leadership to development team members and business owners in delivery projects within the Assay Development Product Line
You will join a team that is in transition from a traditional waterfall delivery model to a product-centric, scaled agile framework. In this position, you are part of the Research and Lab Execution Domain delivering critical laboratory information systems to a global customer base within the R&D DIA Informatics solutions portfolio.
You have a strong enough foundation in Agile methodologies and technical leadership to help guide a transitional team as well as provide subject matter expertise and best practices support to team members.
- Lead technical implementation projects including hands on software development experience and provide technical thought leadership for highly complex projects
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and training to other senior technical team members. Working with the business clients to understand their requirements and ongoing strategy in order to provide or develop technical solutions to meet their short-term and long-term business goals.
- Foster technical innovation within the team, represent Assay Development to the vendor and manage technical roadmap alignment with business vision
- Develop operational concepts; conduct analyses of alternatives; develop design patterns, including service levels, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs); develop interconnection and interface designs
- Provide input for designs, conduct technical assessments supporting digital lab testing environments to support the development, integration, and assessment of capabilities
- Provide recommendations to address complex technical issues as well as lead the implementation and deployment of replacement, upgrade, or enhanced versions of the applications and platforms.
- Ensure maintenance and support activities are in compliance with IT processes and adherence to our Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Maintain segment architecture and validate project solution architectures
This position is located in Kaiseraugst near Basel, Switzerland.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science/technology, or related field. You bring 5 years of experience with leading/architecting/designing technology solutions for mission critical systems, supporting research laboratory execution informatics. You have minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development. You have successfully led (in technical capacity) large-scale software projects (with multiple tracks of work and teams in multiple locations) from concept to delivery, including systems integration experience with large complex business environments.
You have technical leadership experience working with cross-functional teams, clients and vendors on complex project or program decisions across multiple areas, evaluating tradeoffs and providing options and recommendations to senior executives.
You have a solid command of facilitation techniques, negotiation skills and strategic thinking.
In addition, you have the following skills and competencies:
- Strong experience with SaaS, AWS, GCP solutions, fluency in Linux based systems
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity standards and trust zones to implement a defence in-depth application security.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and networking capabilities to design resilient systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting message transactions spanning multiple applications.
- Healthcare software development background within a regulated environment (GDPR, CFR Part 11 / EU Annex 11, GxP, CSV).
- Demonstrated skills in innovation and creative approaches in building new business process solutions.
Please apply until: 8 November 2020.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support