- Provides expertise in engineering, design, installation and start-up of automation systems. Assists manufacturing operations in problem solving with regards to the automation systems. Assists in the validation of process and facility automation. May also develop code and design system architectures in order to define user compatibility.
- Responsibility for overall control system concept and design. Ability to program, configure, specify, and troubleshoot PLCs, HMI, VFDs, Servos, Vision Systems, and Robotics. Ability to create electrical schematics and other automation/controls-related drawings in conformance to specifications.
- Production System Support - Design, improve and troubleshoot controls for industrial filling & packaging equipment in an FDA-regulated manufacturing facility.
- Establish New Equipment Specifications - Uses technical knowledge and expertise to support Operations in the design, maintenance, scale-up, optimization, automation, troubleshooting and validation of manufacturing processes or equipment. Prepares user requirements and factory acceptance testing strategy for new filling and packaging equipment.
- Process Flow Analysis - Designs and/or performs studies to assist Operations in the monitoring of processes, equipment and facilities to optimize efficiencies, increase capacity, incorporate process changes, etc. Presents recommendations to Inventory Replenishment Team or Technical Teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred. Bachelor of Science in other Engineering disciplines will be considered with equivalent experience.
5 years of hands-on experience with a filling/packaging equipment manufacturer or system integrator working in the filling/packaging industry.
PLC/HMI programming experience with a heavy concentration using Rockwell Software: RSLogix 5000/Studio5000, RSLogix500, FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.
Automation and controls engineering experience in an FDA-regulated manufacturing environment. Computerized Systems Validation (CSV) experience a plus.
Hands-on troubleshooting with maintenance personnel.
Basic understanding of Relational Databases (SQL).
High level programming languages (Visual Basic, C#, Python, etc.)
CAD Drawing experience using AutoCAD Electrical.
Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with stakeholders such as system owners, quality assurance, and auditors. Excellent technical writing skills required.