You will work within Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), Large Molecules Research (LMR) in the High Throughput Screening Groups of the Lead Identification Department.
The team focuses on the development of innovative HTS assays applying state of the art technological solutions and adapting these to robotic platforms. Our core business is to develop safe, innovative and effective large molecule drugs using cutting edge technologies. As part of the Lead Identification Department, the lab is responsible for triaging, identification and characterization of novel therapeutic antibodies out of large libraries – thereby delivering to LMR’s drug development pipeline.
Your key responsibilities
You will work on assay development and screening campaigns enabling the fast-track development of new large molecule therapeutics. You will investigate, develop and evaluate cell-based assay methodologies, thus providing a toolbox for a robust and rapid antibody screening and profiling to support various LM drug discovery projects.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join our HTS group. You are someone with excellent scientific and organizational skills, fully committed to team work and highly flexible.
For this position, you bring the following qualifications:
- Master/Diploma in life sciences, biochemistry, biology or another related scientific area
- 2-3 years’ experience in cell-based screening, preferably in a biopharmaceutical industry setting
- cell-based assay development and screening (e.g. high-content phenotypic screening, signaling assays (reporter-gene assays, kinase assays (AS, FRET), immunological effect assays (e.g. PBMC based cytokine release assays, proliferation assays, etc.))
- mammalian cell culture, experience in isolation and working with primary cells, cell sorting and flow cytometry
- experience with assay transfer and adaptation to automation (high throughput screening liquid handling robotics, HTS imagers and reader technologies, HTS FACS (IQue), HTS microscope (e.g. Operetta)) is preferable
- familiar with HTS data processing and visualization (Spotfire) and IC50/EC50 calculations
- basic understanding of biochemistry and biochemical assays (e.g. ELISA)
- IT - MS Office, GraphPad Prism, Flow Joe, and ideally Genedata, Spotfire, DOE SW (JMP, MODE)
- self-motivated, pro-active, responsible, result-oriented and an excellent team player
- good communication skills in German and English
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV + relevant certificates. A motivation letter is not needed.
Do you have any questions about the current application status or about the job in general?
Our FAQ provide answers to many questions. And if you haven't found the right answer, our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you!
You can reach us from monday to friday from 9-12 am and from 1-4 pm by phone: (+49) (0) 621-759 68642.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research