Are you a bid specialist looking to play a key commercial support role in a world leading company in biotech and medical diagnostics, with Fortune 500 ranking?
Does it excite you to work with diverse internal and external stakeholders to ‘do now what patients need next’?
If you have answered yes to these questions, we have a maternity leave cover opportunity for a Bid Coordinator to join our Sales & Account Management group, where you will help support the Business Areas in the UK and Ireland in preparing the Company’s tender responses and other commercial proposals.
With over 600 permanent employees in the UK and Ireland, we are a leading provider of innovative and complex healthcare solutions in an ever changing business environment. Operating within vibrant and growing markets, you will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Commercial Contracts, Technical Services, Managed Service and Finance teams in order to manage the coordination of tender submissions in alignment with our Company objectives.
In this integral role, you will play a lead role in the tendering process from the first OJEU notice to end result for the UK & Ireland Diagnostics teams. You will be the focal point of communication between the customer and internal stakeholders during the tender proposal and award phases. You will both co-ordinate Roche’s response to individual business area proposals and assist the Tender Bid Manager with pan-pathology tender bids raised by our clients (public and private pathology laboratories).
Reporting to the Commercial Bids and Proposals Manager you will be actively involved in tender debrief meetings, and will support your manager in identifying opportunities to continually improve our customers’ experience and ensure all tender stakeholders are fully appraised of the results and scoring obtained. On award, you will ensure a smooth handover to relevant departments to enable a robust and timely implementation and contract go-live.
As part of your remit, you will mainly focus on:
- Taking prime responsibility for tender opportunity identification;
- Supporting the sales teams and business functions to mobilise ‘Bid Teams’ prior to release of the OJEU tender advert (when required) including attending 'Bidder Days' organised by customers before or in early stages of tender process;
- Taking the lead and sending all supplier questionnaire (SQ) and invitation to tender (ITT) documentation to internal stakeholders;
- Reviewing the tender documentation and assigning sections to the relevant bid team stakeholders;
- Ensuring all clarification dialogue internally, with the customer or third party sub-contractors is apportioned correctly and recorded in a clarification log and the SQ/ITT bid is submitted to the customer with the necessary authorisation and sign off;
- Prepare the final bid documentation for submission to the customer, after reviewing, editing and proof reading content.
Based at our Burgess Hill headquarters, you will sometimes attend customer sites across the UK and Ireland.
Key skills/experience - Who are you
You are educated to A Level in English/Maths or equivalent higher education. APMP Foundation Certification is desirable.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in producing high quality written documentation and who ideally has a background in tender or contracts administration. With a good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, you will be able to write fluently and persuasively whilst producing work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Being able to work to agreed tight deadlines with several jobs simultaneously is key, as is having a high level of flexibility, and excellent communication skills.
Roche has ranked number 4 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For this year.
Application closing date: 13th July 2020
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter (including your current remuneration).
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Commercial Business Support & Sales Operations