Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Roche Molecular Solutions develops and produces innovative tests based on the Nobel Prize-winning discovery of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The tests developed by this business area for oncology, virology, HPV, microbiology and for screening blood products are used around the world by researchers, doctors, patients, hospitals, laboratories and blood banks.
As Senior Director, you will be responsible for the RMD Assay Development Department in Rotkreuz, Switzerland (50+ employees).
What you will do
- Member of the Development Management Team
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams across Assay Development to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term
- Establish strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Assay Development organization in coordination with Assay Development in California
- Responsible for Assay Development Cost Centre with a cost budget of about CHF 30m 40m per year
- Providing a “sanity check” for Assay Development resource allocations to Life Cycle Teams to ensure adequate staffing of projects
- Work directly with other functions and Lifecycle Leaders to allocate resources according to strategic priorities
- Hiring and training of new staff, preserving/ensuring state-of-the-art technical know-how
- Develop Senior Staff members for career progression and skill building; manage corrective actions
- Assist Line managers in developing key talent within the organization and ensure continuous skill building
- Ensure compliance of staff with the Quality Management System and employment laws
- Management of facilities/infrastructure needed for development
- Enable/encourage/foster/facilitate so that department members can:
- - work effectively (e.g. appropriate training and development)
- - work well as part of teams
- - flexibly deal with the unexpected
- Manage working relationships or project related interactions with Process and Support, System Development, external suppliers, and other internal departments
- Mediate personnel issues/disputes
- Manage the execution/delivery of a project within development
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- PhD in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead groups of scientists working on complex projects.
- Proven collaboration/influence management, decision-making, and leadership skills, and a demonstrated drive for results.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively with and manage cross-functional, cross-enterprise, cross-cultural teams in multiple locations.
- Knowledge and experience with complex data tools and ability to implement digital strategies to use data to improve product performance and identify product problems is a significant advantage for any candidate.
- Demonstrates Roche Values and Core Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (German is a plus).
- Ability to travel locally, domestically, and internationally approximately 10% of the time.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions