Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients’ condition in an optimal way. The ACCU CHEK ® portfolio – from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery – offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
What to expect:
As Global Head of Team Product Owners you will manage a team of Team Product Owners. The department is part of the Global R&D organization and ensures that the team is focused on developing the deliverables that provide the optimum value for the customers.
In this role you will take on the following challenging tasks:
- Lead Team Product Owners in multiple locations and ensure that they are growing and delivering in their roles
- Constantly search for new methods and tools to drive appropriate skill building and extension of capabilities of your team
- Act as a visionar to design, drive and support further organizational transformation across all R&D functions
- Support people including your own team on individual career development activities
- Design and manage programs to accomplish business strategies for new technologies, product development, and/or cost reduction that supports business goals and objectives.
- Shape our existing processes and procedures and develop creative and standardized approaches which fit for purpose and future needs (e.g. planning processes) based on your experience in agile set-ups
- Influence business demands and take ownership for prioritization as well as development of acceptance criteria
- Contribute to overarching topics for Diabetes Care like Portfolio & Strategy
- Frequent collaboration across R&D as well as other stakeholder in our Product Development like Quality, Medical and Customer Strategy & Solution
- Influence and inspire on different levels and functions to build alliances and foster collaboration
- Act as a driver for change, speaking up on all levels, connecting different interfaces and stakeholder across the organization by generating clarity, focus and outcome that matters
- Bring clarity and focus to opportunities to collaborate with more impact, and to identify and unlock blockers (on a team and organizational level)
- Partner with multiple function within and outside of R&D to bring creative and growth mindset throughout the organization
Who you are:
For this challenging position you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Technical university degree (preferred) or scientific university degree and extended experience in physical product development
- 8+ years of progressive work experience in an appropriate discipline, including management and global experience
- Demonstrated Agile Experience, acting as Agile Coach and guide the organization through empowerment and continuous learning
- Several years of experience in leading in a global Matrix Organization
- High level of knowledge in product development objectives and strategies (with a focus on devices/hardware)
- You have an empowering and inspiring leadership style, a proven ability to drive change in your team and globally
- Proven track record in experimenting, failing fast and designing modified success stories
- Agile experience in medical device industry or in a regulated environment preferable
- Strong communication skills, able to forge relationships with a wide range of colleagues across many functions / capabilities / locations and able to navigate effectively and efficiently
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience leading teams, coaching, active listening and developing employees
- High level of knowledge of customer/business operations applied to the translation requirements into product development
- Constructive conflict resolution ability
- Business level fluency in English - written and spoken
Apply now - we are looking forward to it!
Contact person for applicants
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
If you have any content-related / recruiting - specific questions regarding job advertisements, please contact the responsible recruiter (Sebastian Gaber, 0621 759 69868).
For a complete application, please include a current CV, a letter of motivation suitable for the position and relevant references. Before submitting your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research