With an experienced team of more than 100 employees located at the Roche Diagnostics sites Penzberg, Indianapolis and Mannheim we support data analytics, data management and software engineering tasks for bringing new diagnostics to patients.
Our team supports the products along the whole value chain. Our experts are involved in projects from marker detection until post-launch customer requests.
We contribute to development of the majority of our diagnostic products by being involved in hundreds of different projects a year. These projects are run across the globe and cover multiple disease areas. We are proud to have a great group of experts with a diverse educational background, e.g. theoretical mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, bioinformatics, biostatistics and machine learning.
In order to strengthen the team further, we are looking for a new team leader for our Penzberg site.
- Your focus area will be Personalized Health Care and Companion Diagnostics
- You will be leading a team of experienced biostatisticians, supporting the team members to perform at their best
- You will make sure that projects are efficiently supported in all statistically relevant aspects, including statistical analyses plans, data analyses of pre-clinical and clinical studies, diagnostics cut-off determination and validation, support of diagnostics assay development.
- You will be responsible for reviewing study documents, writing analysis reports, supporting regulatory submissions and publications
- You will lead data analysis initiatives for developing novel biomarkers, biomarker combinations, and clinical algorithms by applying the state-of-the-art methods of biostatistics, advanced data analytics and machine learning
- An important part of your job will be interactions with internal R&D, clinical, scientific, regulatory and business teams. As well as interaction with internal and external pharma partners
Our ideal candidate
- University degree in (bio)statistics or related subject (e.g. bioinformatics, epidemiology, mathematics, physics) with substantial experience in biostatistics; preferably with Ph.D.
- At least 3 years of industrial (non-academic) work experience in biostatistics and/or strong academic track record in diagnostics/clinical field
- You have a strong motivation for leading people and projects in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams. In addition, you are constantly developing your leadership skills to motivate and engage your team members
- Experience in driving projects in a matrix environment and/or experience with leading people
- Proven expertise in biostatistical methods, including aspects of univariate and multivariate data analysis and statistical procedures in diagnostics (method comparison, ROC analysis, longitudinal data analysis)
- Experience in design, analysis and evaluation of clinical and non-clinical studies, ideally personalized health care and biomarker studies
- Excellent knowledge of R
- English: fluent in speaking and writing
- Willing to travel
To make the application process as comfortable as possible for you please add only your updated CV. References and certificates are not required at this stage.
We look forward receiving your application!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
We are pleased that you are considering Roche as a potential employer! Our FAQ will help you with various questions regarding the application process.
With people. For people.
Do you need further assistance? Our Talent Acquisition Team is available for you by phone from monday to friday from 9-12 am and from 1-4 pm by phone: (+49) (0) 621-759 68642. We are pleased to respond to your inquiries.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions