Are you passionate about IT infrastructure, experienced in leading Cloud Technologies and convinced with the business added value of the digitalisation?
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining how to develop the IT healthcare infrastructure solutions in the public cloud?
Are you looking for a dynamic environment where you could make an impact?
Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of networking, virtualization, operating systems, cloud native architectures, web applications, databases, and applications designed for the cloud?
At Roche, we’re hiring a highly technical cloud solution architect to help our Roche Business in maximizing the benefits from public cloud infrastructure & services and together with them doing now what our patients need next.
If you are a multidisciplinary, technology-agnostic and broadly skilled Infrastructure solutions architect who enjoys and thrives in solving unusually complex business problems through practical and ingenious application of technologies, this job is for you.
- As cloud computing solution architect, you will develop your technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating and consulting with our customers and partners on key engagements.
- You will deliver end to end cloud infrastructure designs (high level and low level), PoC (proof-of-concept), lead cloud workshops and ensure successful implementation of key projects.
- You will focus on delivering best public cloud services for Roche’s business needs such as business applications, HPC, batch processing, big data, archiving and disaster recovery.
- You will collaborate with the entire Infrastructure Services organization to ensure the right solution is delivered and to drive feature innovation based upon consumers needs.
- You will lead as consultant to senior managers & internal/external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the technology strategy, policies, plans, goals and objectives.
- You will elicit, challenge, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- You will provide strategic influence across groups, projects and products based on cloud stack to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems.
- You will engage with senior leadership and project stakeholders to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made around the platform architecture and implementation.
- Understanding business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend technologies that enable the organization to achieve its long-term objectives".
Proven track of design experience in the primary AWS (Amazon Web Services) services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3, VPC, Lambda, Service Catalog, Config)
Proven track of design experience in the primary AZURE and or GCP services is a plus
Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of technology cloud infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience.
Experience on automation (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, etc.) and IaC (Deployment Manager, Terraform), version control (e.g. Git), CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, or TFS, or Travis CI).
Knowledge in cloud network and security capabilities (Direct Connections, Transit Gateway, NSG, RBAC, security policies, Key Vaults, ...)
Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
Knowledge in integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HPE, DELL, SAP etc.
Scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Public Cloud
Configuration management using CloudFormation or Azure Resource Manager
Scripting and/or coding skills. Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Education / Years of Experience:
- 12 – 15 Years of relevant work experience or
- 10 – 13 Years of relevant work experience with Bachelor's degree or
- 7 – 10 Years of relevant work experience with Masters degree.
At least 5+ years experience of working in one or more multinational work environment (Healthcare Industry experience a plus) as a Principal-level, fulfilling the role of Solution Architect and/or Technical Lead
At Roche, we believe in diversity and inclusion as essential values for our success. We have a special interest in integrating people with disabilities into our teams. If you have a disability, for us it is a plus, and we have special benefits for you: Go ahead and present your candidacy!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Infrastructure and End-User Services