Our Principal Solution Architects have a broad far-reaching view of how the different solutions in and beyond their area work together, should change/adapt as driven by business demands. They have in-depth knowledge in multiple business areas of Roche beyond IT infrastructure and understand in great details of how the IT infrastructure impacts the Roche business processes.
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary, technology-agnostic and broadly skilled Infrastructure Engineer who enjoys and thrives in solving unusually complex business problems through practical and ingenious application of technologies.
They work on the most demanding and challenging projects which require technical and thought leadership in their areas of responsibility. They are accountable and responsible for the ultimate decision-making in technical design and delivery in the context of the projects/activities they work on, while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion. They have the required skills, experience and vision to be able to influence technology vendors and are acknowledged as amongst the best in the industry in their sphere of responsibilities and areas of expertise.
They often exercise applied innovation to develop and integrate advanced technological ideas/concepts and see them through to an implemented and viable final product. They thrive in ambiguous circumstances and can help guide other less experienced peers as needed.
- Strong and consistent interpersonal skills
- Consistently demonstrated customer and delivery focus
- Outstanding customer engagement and presentation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels (senior and/or large audiences).
- Ability to work effectively with team members and virtual teams from different locations and different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to deliver strategically, navigate through ambiguity, and perform independently without supervision
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven project and time management skills
- Extensive travel required and ability to work across multiple timezones
- Multiple Industry certifications for the infrastructure solution area desired
- Hands-on Experience and Strong Expertise in having engineered Security Framework for Cloud including integration with on-premise Infrastructure
- Hands-on Experience and Strong Expertise in designing and implementing a comprehensive security posture across Endpoints Security (including Mobile) & Server Platforms
- Hands-on Experience and Strong Expertise in Network Security Design & Deployment including but not limited to Firewalls, Intrusion Detection & Prevention, Malware Protection, Web Filtering
- Hands-on Experience in Infrastructure as Code technologies and processes.
- Expertise in designing and implementing a identity-driven security model
- Expertise designing and implementing Enterprise SIEM solutions
- CISSP or Equivalent certification a strong plus.
Education / Years of Experience:
- 7 – 10 Years of relevant work experience with Masters or 10 – 13 Years of relevant work experience with Bachelors or12 – 15 Years of relevant work experience.
- At least 5+ years experience of working in one or more multinational work environment (Healthcare Industry experience a plus) as a Principal-level Solutions Architect/Technical Lead
At Roche, we believe in diversity and inclusion as essential values for our success. We have a special interest in integrating people with disabilities into our teams. If you have a disability, for us it is a plus, and we have special benefits for you: Go ahead and present your candidacy!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Engineering, Engineering > Design Engineering & Architecture