At Roche, our work has one goal - the development of innovative healthcare tests, medication and the use of digital data to enable patients to live better and longer lives - this is our contribution to society and the purpose of our daily work. As our business grows, the investments in our high-tech campus in Mannheim are high. In 2018/2019, our dedicated teams from the Site Engineering organization realized the five largest investment projects with a total volume of over 400 million euros. Our department is responsible for the successful planning and execution of all large investment, Building & Infrastructure projects for the Roche Mannheim site. As a new Senior Project Manager (m/ f/ d), you will lead Capital Expenditures CAPEX Projects and are responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead the assigned CAPEX project(s) ensuring that the best project management tools and techniques are consistently utilized to successfully achieve project objectives within the defined budget and schedule
- Ensure that project planning and execution adheres to Roche Diagnostics Project Practices, Global Standards and Processes, and other Roche Guidelines and Directives.
- Drive innovation and establish best practices for CAPEX project management, be a keen listener, willing to learn and act as an advocate for improved processes, procedures and technologies
- Effectively manage project changes and risks deploying and leading indicators and proactive measures to achieve the specified goals in the event of deviations from the project plan
- Lead large, cross-functional project teams, motivating and inspiring the team members and promoting collaboration
- Actively engage with Project Steering Committees, Business Partners and Senior Management in order to establish and maintain a transparent communication regarding project status, plans, risks and strategies
- Within your Project Management responsibilities, you effectively and constructively challenge the status quo, within and beyond Roche Engineering organization, identifying better ways to accomplish departmental and project objectives
- Proactively build trustful and strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders to ensure an effective collaboration and to support the Roche business objectives
Who you are:
- You hold a degree (M.S. / M.A.) in a construction engineering, construction management or architectural discipline.
- Professional experience with a minimum of 10 years of successfully managing large projects in the field of buildings & infrastructure, preferably in the life science, biotech or pharmaceutical industries.
- Proven ability to execute high complex Capital Expenditures CAPEX projects in an international context with typical investment volumes above 50 Mio. EUR
- Expertise in effectively applying latest project management tools and methodologies, associated with cost, schedule, risk and safety management, preferably with PMI and / or agile project management certification
- A motivated, self-starter with exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Good knowledge across various building engineering disciplines e.g. civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, HVAC, power, building automation / management, etc.
- A sound knowledge of federal regulations (GxPs), Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) regulations and Quality Assurance procedures as well as the reasons behind their requirements.
- A knowledge of medical device, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical processes and how their needs impact building requirements
- Ability to filter the information content of highly complex problems in order to reveal the essence of the situation, and present it in a compact and understandable form to engaged stakeholders from line workers to executive committees.
- Understand the production environment in the medical device and pharmaceutical industry in order to provide excellent guidance in determining the end-user needs, and assure a trustful and strong collaboration with the end-user organizations.
- Proven ability to work across cultures, can adapt to and effectively manage in various cultural environments and organizational levels including executive management
- Excellent knowledge of German and English (written & spoken) is a must, other languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel is required to meet business needs
Application period until at least 03/30/2020
(Application possible as long as the position is posted)
We look forward receiving your application!
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV in English. A motivation letter is also not needed.
Whom to contact
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (G. Jerg, Gabriele.email@example.com).
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Engineering, Engineering > Engineering Project Management