The Device & Packaging Development Department within Roche Technical Development is responsible for the development and support of drug delivery devices for the product portfolio. Our activities span a range of engineering disciplines from the requirements definition phase through to commercialization and marketed product support.
Roche is recruiting for a Device Engineer to support the development and maintenance of drug delivery devices (e.g. Prefilled Syringes with Needle Safety Devices, Autoinjectors, high-volume Patch-injectors, oral delivery devices).
The Device Engineering group combines design, engineering, testing, and manufacturing to develop reliable and safe drug delivery devices that meet the needs of patients, healthcare providers and Health Authorities.
The role will require considerable cross-functional interaction, notably including QA, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical and Commercial functions. This role reports to the Section Head of Device Engineering and is integrated into the Roche Device & Packaging Development function.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Support project teams to successfully bring combination products and medical devices to the market
- Evaluation of new and breakthrough technologies. Application of theoretical engineering knowledge, to establish robust technical product requirements, and develop engineering design solutions to assure devices maintain the required level of performance throughout the life of the product
- Author design control documentation (Design Development Plans, User Requirements Specifications, Design Inputs, Design Outputs, Design Verification Plans and DHF creation/maintenance DHF), conformity assessments and risk management documentation.
- Apply your knowledge of the regulatory landscape to ensure standard compliant designs (e.g. ISO 13485, 21CFR820, ISO14971 and 21 CFR 820.30)
- University level education (engineering degree or related discipline) preferably in medical device related area
- Sound knowledge of legislation, regulation, industry standards and guidance within the area of combination products and medical devices.
- Knowledge in several of the following areas: drug delivery devices, parenteral drug delivery, risk assessment, tolerance analysis, statistical techniques, process capability, manufacturing processes and transport studies and validation
- Excellent documentation, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with an excellent command of English language and proficiency in German preferable.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Technical Development, Technical Development > Medical Device Technology Development