Who we are
Roche is searching for a Master student to complete a 6 month Internship in our Data Services Team within Roche Diagnostics GmbH. You will be based in the Roche High-Tech campus in Mannheim, Germany.
You will be part of a small team developing software platforms and data services in order to optimize our products, services and processes.
As Intern Data Analyst/Engineer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary setting to solve complex data problems and develop new data services for our customers in development, production, marketing and life cycle management.
You will connect data from various platforms, develop and implement data analysis pipelines, according to the needs of our customers.
You are partner of the IT and business stakeholders to co-create data and analytics enabled solutions that help our teams fulfil our mission: to do now what patients need next.
Are you passionate about Technology? Are you ready to challenge and get challenged? To discover and bring in new light? If so, keep reading…because this is where you come in Roche.
How your day at work looks like
Research & Analysis
- You develop data analysis pipelines using exploratory data analysis, machine learning, neural networks, anomaly detection, predictive analysis, and other data science practices
- You implement your data analysis pipelines using distributed data sources.
- You help to further develop our distributed data platforms
- You visualize your results and make them tangible for our customers.
- You collaborate in a multidisciplinary agile team to collect requirements, user specifications, approvals, and verify functionality and usefulness prior to full development of solutions.
- You utilize global Roche resources for competitive intelligence research
- You present your analyses, insights and software solutions to the team and to our customers
What makes you great
Education You hold a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Mathematical Engineering, Information Systems or related fields.
Experience You have worked with relational databases, ideally on a Hadoop cluster and terms like Spark, Hive and Impala are not new to you. You have a sound understanding of statistical concepts, ideally also in machine learning.
Passion for Coding You have knowledge in programming languages like Python, C# and/or SQL.
All-round talent. Strong communication and collaboration skills, passionate about data analysis and agile software development. In doing so, you can rely on your German and English skills.
If this sounds inspiring to you, we can’t wait for your application.
We are Roche. Do you want to be too?
- flexible working hours (37.5 hour week)
- 1530 € remuneration per month
- Reduced meal prices (-50 %) in our employee canteen
- Fitness centre on the Roche Campus
Duration: Preferred start at the beginning of April
Please upload your CV, cover letter, certificates and your confirmation of enrollment.
Furthermore, please state your possible start and end date for your internship in the cover letter.
Please keep in mind that this internship is aimed at students with ongoing matriculation (not suitable as a career entry) or alternatively persons in gap year between Bachelor's and Master's studies.
We are looking forward to your application!
Do you have any questions? Then contact us: S. Dick +49 621 759 6962
Answers to technical questions can also be found in our FAQ
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Berufsförderungs- & Entwicklungsprogramme, Berufsförderungs- & Entwicklungsprogramme > Praktikum