At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As a hands-on research associate you will join the in-vivo Pharmacology team of the Inflammation and Immunology group. You will be responsible for executing in vivo and ex vivo studies in the pharmacological characterization and testing of small molecules and biologics that modulate immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
These responsibilities capture a portion of what your work will look like:
- Co-develop and refine animal models and execute studies in the area of immune-mediated inflammatory diseases, including efficacy and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) biomarker studies in rodents to address project-specific, mechanistic questions
- Implement novel in vivo technologies (BLI, endoscopic imaging, etc.)
- Collect and prepare bio samples and develop and perform ex vivo analyses (IHC, ELISA, Luminex®, etc.)
- Strictly adhere to national and international animal welfare regulations, support Roche`s commitment to 3Rs (Replace, Reduce and Refine animal experimentation)
- Demonstrate clear and professional communication, deliver experimental results in accordance with business objectives and timelines
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multicultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- You possess a Diploma, BSc or MSc degree in Life Sciences with 2 or more years of relevant in-vivo experience
- Proven track record of adherence to animal welfare and compliance as well as formal basic qualifications to carry out experimental work according to standard protocols and regulations
- Experience with dosing and tissue collection and preparation for as well as performance of ex vivo further analysis (e.g. histopathology, slide digitization, image analysis) is required
- Experience with image analysis software (e.g. Halo, ImageJ) as well as animal surgery is a plus
- Ideally, you have experience with the generation and handling of animal models in the field of inflammatory diseases (focus on gut, lung)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, both internally and externally. You can communicate in German and English
- Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
* For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland (e.g. B-Permit, C-Permit) and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, Roche cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
** PhD's and Postdocs's cannot be considered for associate roles in Roche pRED.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.