Who we are
Roche employs 94,400 pioneering healthcare professionals in 150 countries. Thanks to their cooperation, the company has now developed into a leading pharmaceutical group with a focus on research. Our success is based on innovation, curiosity and diversity - and on the fact that we see our differences as an advantage. We want to continue to learn and grow in order to drive the healthcare system forward through innovation. That is why we are looking for people who share our ambition.
As part of Roche Diagnostics CPS Point of Care, our department is involved in a multitude of projects ranging from blood glucose measurements to the development of cardiac and coagulation assays.
The available position is within the Bioanalytic group, which supports various products from early R&D until/past product launch. The main focus of the group is the development and validation of enzymatic & antibody based assays utilizing a variety of biochemical and biophysical techniques.
A central task of the available M.Sc. thesis position is the largely independent development of novel binding assays to characterize antibody-particle conjugates. This might involve ELISA- as well as fluoresence-based immuno assays in heterogeneous and homogeneous formats.
Who you are
Your skills for the Position are:
- You are a Master student of a university in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology with a focus on Biochemistry
- Experience in the development of immuno-assays is highly beneficial
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that exhibits a high degree of self-organization
- You have an outstanding team spirit as well as a strong background in protein biochemistry is expected
- Your English is fluent, German is highly beneficial
From April 2020 (or after arrangement) for the duration of 6 months.
You will have the possibility to start with a short internship (f.e. 2 month) if this is recommended.
We need your CV, certificates and a letter of motivation. Please tell us your desired period.
This offer is exclusively for students with a matriculation.
We are looking forward to your application!
You can find help for your application in this video:
Job ID: 201912-136681