At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
Roche Diagnostics has built a new strategic group, Diagnostics Information Solution, charged with creating a modern portfolio of decision support software products that change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring-together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital, and intelligently process and present this data to clinicians, researchers, and caregivers to improve research outcomes and patient care.
We are looking for an intern to further develop prototype clinical decision support apps for the NAVIFY platform. The focus of this project is on interpretability of deep (reinforcement) learning algorithms to analyse biomedical images.
In this position you will:
- Use specific deep (reinforcement) learning algorithms to analyze biomedical images including digital pathology images.
- Investigate how to increase practitioners' trust in medical applications through interpretability and explainability.
- Implement prototypes to benchmark the effectiveness of existing approaches on our data.
- Be part of an exciting, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team of scientists at Roche.
- You are currently enrolled as an MSc or PhD student with a background in computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering (hard requirement).
- You have extensive and demonstrable hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks in Python; preferably Pytorch
- You know how to run computationally demanding simulations with large amounts of data on the cloud; preferably AWS (using Docker and Kubernetes).
- You do not shy away from serious data wrangling to create the best data sets
- You have experience in computer vision and a strong interest in biomedical imaging.
- You are fluent in English (both verbally and in writing)
- You can work independently, are goal-driven, and like to take initiative.
The starting date of this internship is upon availability and it will run for 6 months. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate your preferred starting date, as well as your match with the profile we are looking for.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Tags: ROiQQ ROiBI ROiMkS ROiDaSc ROiDIG ROiCS ROiSENG