Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As a leader with the global Diabetes Care R&D organization, the Global Head of Team Product Owners will manage the department of Team Product Owners. You are responsible for the leadership and competence of the Team Product Owner department. You will support the development of team, constantly assess capabilities, manage performance and attract the best talent. You will design and manage programs to accomplish business strategies for new technologies, product development, and/or cost reduction that supports business goals and objectives.
You will coordinate activities within R&D groups to achieve product development projects on-time and on-budget. In addition you act as a project manager for high-priority and strategically important projects. You will ensure execution of project activities to the project priority list. You will drive alignment on priorities, resolve discrepancies and manage conflicts between competing projects. You will lead with a compliance mindset and ensure all certifications/requirements for team are complete and up to date.
You will provide organizational/group leadership for the Team Product Owners. You will design/manage R&D programs to accomplish business strategies for new technologies, product development and/or cost reduction that supports business goals and objectives. You will interact frequently with global colleagues and external partners on project driven development efforts, product support tasks and operational decisions. A high degree of engagement in making decisions concerning technical solutions will be required, with an extended impact on outcomes. You will work closely with global/local marketing and other business functions to understand customer needs and ensure appropriate skills/resources available to accomplish appropriate product development and portfolio strategies.
You will manage through subordinate supervisors, managers, individual contributors or programs, the coordination of the activities related to R&D product development. You will be responsible for results, including costs, methods and staffing. You will interact with others at various levels involving matters between functional areas, other departments or org units, or customers and the company. You will receive assignments/objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals, delegating assignments when necessary. You will also be involved in developing, modifying and executing policies and/or procedures that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect. You will work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Frequent collaboration with Solution Development Managers, Strategy and Portfolio Management, Product Management, Research and Development Managers, Program Management Organization, and other business areas supporting product development
- Frequently interact with global colleagues and external partners on project driven development efforts, product support tasks, and operational decisions
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships at all levels throughout the organization
- Proactively align the departments design capabilities with the business strategy and product portfolios
- Evaluate current functional capabilities against future needs, assess the skills and gaps, and develop action plans to close gaps
- Support implementation and management of Portfolio Management tools to assist in the decisions making of resource allocation and divisional investment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in an appropriate discipline, including management experience
- Excellent problem solving, customer service, influencing, interpersonal, decision making, leadership, and communication skills
- Deep technical knowledge in product development objectives and strategies with a thorough understanding of its impact upon related fields demonstrated through degree and/or substantial technical experience in a particular field
- High level of knowledge of product development objectives/strategies
- High level of knowledge of customer/business operations applied to the translation requirements into product development
- Excellent leadership/management and technical business analysis skills
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, human relations, and communication skills; ability to analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
- 15 years of progressive, multi-disciplined work experience with demonstrated leadership as applied to the management of complex situations/environments.
- Agile leader with an advanced ability to communicate, collaborate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience leading teams, coaching, active listening and developing employees
- Knowledgeable in financial profitability assessments and value analysis
- Demonstrated experience using agile methods, scrum and lean innovation in difficult multidisciplinary context
- Strategic thinking and execution capabilities with advanced management and technical business analysis skills
- PMP and/or PPMC certification, or equivalent, desirable.
- Constructive conflict resolution ability
- Business level fluency in English - written and spoken