You will work within the Business Excellence function of the Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) Operations department where the focus is to enable pRED to achieve its strategic objectives through driving and providing operational excellence and business transformation to support scientists within the drug discovery and development process.
You will be part of the Academic & Industry Relations Centre which is responsible for the Roche / European Union Collaborative Projects portfolio, the Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship and Roche Access to Distinguished Scientists programmes which collectively facilitate and connect Roche scientists to the external world. Your focus will be to support the integrity of the data contained within the databases that support this centre.
Your tasks and responsibilities will depend on your degree of pro-activity and independence:
- Curation of data to ensure adequate data quality
- Propose suggestions for improvement to data processes and facilitate data interpretation and analytical reporting
- Creation and maintenance of data within the database and maintain and develop team websites
- Communicate closely with stakeholders and incorporate feedback to improve processes and define appropriate governance structures. Gain cross-functional insight into the organisation and enhance your stakeholder management skills
- Enhance existing knowledge to include different data platforms and experience the importance of data integrity and data compliance in an industrial environment
- Present your results within the organization
Who you are?
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are an enrolled student in a Bachelor or Master program in information systems, data management, business analytics, economics or a related field. If you have a different field of study, you at least bring a keen interest in data management.
Following qualifications are required:
- A self-starter with good communication skills
- An affinity for figures/data and the ability to set these in a logical context
- Knowledge about information systems and programming skills are a plus but not required
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite of programmes, especially Excel
- Project management experience as a plus
- Excellent in English
The starting date of this internship is as soon as possible for 6-12 months. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship on your application
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.