What we do:
The Global Learning Services (GLS) department brings its purpose to life by providing our colleagues worldwide with integrated training solutions tailored to their needs. The GLS teams deliver customer service and advisory support to Learning Experts and business partners on global learning / training systems and processes, ensuring end-to-end process completion and training compliance across Roche. We are a team that works very closely together to ensure good employee relations, anticipate our customers' future needs, and proactively develop solutions.
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
As a Learning Specialist you will have the opportunity to work in a global, international team and contribute to customer experience directly. Your key responsibilities will be performing complete, stringent and timely Human Capital Management related administrative tasks in areas of Training administration processes and understanding its linkage to Personnel Administration and Organizational Management.
Your tasks will also include:
Supporting the Global Learning Management System roll-out by performing specific tasks related to the Project Workstreams in the areas of Data Migration, eContent Migration, Business Readiness, Testing, Operational Support and Cutover
- Cleaning-up of current learning management system database
- Functionality testing of new learning management system
- Advising and supporting business with system / testing processes
- Administering and updating Learning Catalog
- Administering and managing course enrollments for learners
- Managing invitations, reminders and follow-up on courses and attendance
- Preparing and providing various Training-related reports and status updates for HR professionals and Training Owners.
What would you bring to our team?
As an ideal team member you would have a diverse background, you are open minded and ready to work in a fast-paced and ever changing environment. Also, you would have:
- Living customer centricity through your day-to-day interactions
- Demonstrating end-to-end accountability
- Demonstrating problem-solving skills and agile mindset in ambiguous situations
- Having a growth mindset (including taking risks and experimenting, seeking new learning opportunities, asking and giving feedback)
- Multi-cultural acceptance, ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to navigate complex data structure
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Please only join us if you are dedicated to make a difference and open to constant development.
In exchange we, at Roche will provide you with:
- Development opportunities: free language courses, a wide range of training & learning opportunities, long-term career opportunities, lateral and vertical career moves, exciting projects & assignments, etc.
- Excellent benefits: flexibility (2 home office days/week after your probation period), competitive salary and cafeteria package, Private Medical Services, Employee Assistance Program, All You Can Move Sportpass, coaching / mentoring opportunity, buddy program, team buildings, Themed Holiday party, people-focused company culture, annual bonus in March, etc.