Operational privacy support for legal entities/sites and business units/global functions
Privacy Operations is a global supporting organization as part of Group Functions Informatics to support operational aspects of data privacy. Main activity areas of Privacy Operations will be monitoring and executing processes related to CCPA compliance and privacy, coordination between all stakeholders; liaise with divisional and local operational groups, IT operations and / or eDiscovery for data retrieval tasks as well as keeping track of approval workflows.
Role in context:
The Privacy Operations will work closely together with the Global Privacy Office, covering operational and coordination aspects of processes related to data privacy and CCPA. Privacy Operations will be the interface between DPO and Information Security, Quality and Risk.
Support all processes related to CCPA and Data Privacy regulations compliance:
- Support the Global DPO / Local DPO in the context of a Data Subject Access Requests and Data Breach, covering documentation and communication tasks
Manages global data subject access requests:
- Identifies data scope (privacy register analysis)
- Identifies, contacts and supports business data owners and IT solution owners
- Coordinates data handling processes
- Liaises with original request recipients and internal supporting functions
- Close daily collaboration with the DPO Office
- Documents and keeps track of requests acc. to CCPA requirements
Supports local data subject access requests:
- Supports local / divisional data subject requests
- Supports the local privacy organization (DPC, DPO) with process expertise
- Monitors correct execution of processes
- Monitors correct and complete documentation
Drive continuous improvement of the process and systems supporting CCPA
- Initiate software improvement projects, and work with IT/Legal teams to design and implement process improvements.
Contributes to training creation and maintenance by providing subject matter expertise and draft content related to privacy operations
Has a degree in Information Technology, ideally combined with data privacy/legal specialization
3 to 5 years of experience as paralegal or legal IT specialist or eDiscovery expert
Has an in depth understanding of Data Privacy and CCPA
Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
Is able to execute accurately and pragmatically
Is fluent in English, other languages are a plus
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Infrastructure and End-User Services