The SW-Engineer designs, implements and tests software components in projects and product maintenance following Roche SIS standards and procedures.
Main tasks summary:
Product Care Tool Chain
Development Architect Proxy (NIC Investigation, Code Review, ...)
Customer Cases Complex Investigation Support
Main tasks and duties:
- Maintain and improve the tools related with our internal processes and projects, implementing and testing following Roche SIS standards and procedures.
- Maintain and update documentation of the tooling used by Product Care
- Able to automate and maintain current processes
- Also, ensure the appropriate implementation of the above-mentioned items.
- Advise projects on technology and architecture trends they need for their decision making and external engagements
- Identify and aid in the decision making around architecture trade-offs with risks, delivery, scalability/performance, flexibility, maintainability, security, and other quality concerns.
- Monitor and review systems so that they are designed and developed in compliance with corporate security, privacy, accessibility, legal and other governance policies.
- Mentoring other engineers to grow to similar levels of expertise and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines
- Active collaboration with the different stakeholders involved in the project execution.
- Support actively good spirit and collaboration within the team and the entire organization
- Performs SW-engineering tasks in adherence with the established procedures and guidelines. This includes:
- Design of units and components meeting the technical requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Implementation of the design into code
- Implementation and performance of SW-tests on unit and integration level
- Provisioning of documentation on all levels (code, unit, test, …)
- Provide work status and issue notification to appropriate project members and line management as requested
- Support when required the projects and product maintenance in the full range of the SW-development process as it is defined in SIS DPIB
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices
- Communicate effectively in English and Spanish
Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- To permanently optimize processes to increase quality and efficiency standards.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
If you feel like being a technical reference, to work in an international and multicultural environment, using agile methodologies and solving challenges do not miss this opportunity and apply ASAP.
- University or higher technical college degree
- More than 3 years of working experience in application development within a productive environment.
- Experience in definition and implementation of CI pipelines
- Experience in DevOps environment: Java/Groovy, Bash/PowerShell, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Git…
- Experience in Event Driven Architecture, Hexagonal and Microservices.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and testing strategy. Knowledge of TDD & BDD
- Experience in Cache (InterSystems).
- Experience in other backend technologies and DDBB: JAVA, Spring, Mongo…
- Experience in other front-end/web development: React...
- Experience in Agile environment.
- Specific and proved experience and knowledge in a laboratory and / or middleware environment developing some modules like Workflow, Microbiology, QC, Connectivity will be also considered.
- Good level of English written and spoken.
- Good level of Spanish written and spoken will be also considered.
- Analytical and methodical working style person.
- Good team player and leadership skills.
- Takes responsibility for a team or technical concept.
- Willingness to bring projects to a successful end.
- Open minded and communicative.
- Can work independently, focused and highly motivated.