The Digital Health Platforms (DHP) group at Roche/Genentech is part of the Personalized Healthcare (PHC) Center of Excellence focusing on developing the next generation digital health platforms, tools and products for the future of medicine. Digital health promises to revolutionize how we diagnose disease, understand a patient’s disease course and response to treatment with unprecedented precision, and predict what treatment strategies are likely to be optimal. We are building a clinically validated, highly scalable and secure software platform with regulatory, quality, and privacy requirements. Our platform and services support advanced analysis of data captured and transmitted from apps, tools, Software as Medical Device (SaMDs), connected medical devices, and combination products.
DHP partners across the company with other Digital Health groups to advance digital health solutions which include hardware, software, applications, tools, and platforms to enable development of our therapies as well as more personalized care of patients across a range of therapeutic areas. Our primary focus is on the validation, scaling, and productization of digital health platforms, tools, and products; inclusive of late-stage development of novel digital biomarkers and endpoints, as well as the design, conduct, and analysis of analytical validation, clinical validation, and clinical utility studies to meet clinical and regulatory requirements, as appropriate.
The PHC Center of Excellence is focused on translating the promise of meaningful data at scale, advanced analytics, and digital technologies for drug development, and personalized patient care.
The Platform Measurement Science group within DHP provides scientific and clinical expertise to support ideation & identification, development, validation and safe & effective use of digital biomarkers and endpoints, digital health platforms, tools, capabilities, and products in our portfolio. Our priorities will be to bring customer-focus, especially understanding of the meaningfulness of digital health measures for patients and healthcare providers, scaling from prototypes to clinical and commercial in-market deployment, as well as making the most effective use of generated data in ensuring that our digital health platforms bring value to patients.
We closely collaborate within Roche with our other DHP groups, clinical development functions, other digital health groups, functions and subject matter experts within the Personalized Healthcare area and the Research and Early Development organizations, Diagnostics, Pharma Partnering, and technical & technology functions, in order to define and execute the strategic direction of Digital Health to transform drug development and patient care. We externally partner with patient groups and health care providers, technology companies, regulatory and reimbursement authorities, policy makers and others.
The (Senior) Principal Measurement Scientist in Digital Health Platforms Neuroscience will maintain scientific oversight through:
- Develop and implement the scientific strategy and translation for our DHP products in Neuroscience, in close partnership with our other DHP groups, specifically Product Management and Architecture & Design.
- Iterate the scientific strategy with continuous review of industry and technology trends along with customer feedback.
- Support regulatory approval (e.g. FDA and EMA) for our DHP products, in partnership with relevant functions and groups.
- Strengthen our Roche capabilities by establishing deep expertise and experience in late stage development of novel digital biomarkers and endpoints in Neuroscience, in collaboration with Roche's network of internal Digital Health groups to achieve exponential value.
- Advance digital product development methodology, policies and governance frameworks as it relates to scientific aspects, in collaboration with the DHP Compliance & Strategy group.
- Identify opportunities and establish strategic partnerships with leading companies and academic institutions in the assigned therapeutic area.
We are looking for a professional with Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Public Health or related scientific field and 7+ years’ experience in clinical science, data science or analysis in multi-disciplinary teams at the intersection of science and advanced technology and passionate about using technology and data-driven approaches to help improve the lives and health of our patients.
You will bring:
- Scientific and/or clinical experience Neuroscience.
- Experience with healthcare systems and/or pharma industry, specifically the drug development process.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement scientific strategic plans to advance and drive product direction and vision.
- Demonstrated experience delivering in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction.
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and technology backgrounds, using influence without authority.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- Ability to travel up to 20% time
- Medical degree (ideally with specialization in Neuroscience or PhD degree, with at least 5 years’ experience as described in minimum qualifications
- Experience with medical devices and/or Software as a Medical Device
- Experience with novel biomarker and/or endpoint development
- Familiar with wearables and IoT devices