We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world. We are Roche Diabetes Care.
R&D will be shaping the digitalization of Diabetes Care unit, offering to specific customer segments solutions and products to better manage diabetes. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and help improve the lives of millions of patients.
The API Lead will be the responsible for the API Manager component, establishing the governance, strategy, and best practices with the aim of:
o Enabling Centre of Enablement model
o Build an API ecosystem in the organisation to engage our Partners and Customers.
Work closely with Architecture, Development and DevOps Teams in order to:
o Ensure the continuous integration of the solution between all environments
o Deliver a scalable and good efficient solution.
Will be responsible to receive new integration requirements from our internal and external clients.
Work with the agile product delivery teams, including internal resources as well as third
party suppliers, consultants and contractors, to:
o Deliver the new requirements received from our digital solutions delivery managers or partners.
o Deliver API Manager component improvements.
You will be part of a Global Digital team, collaborating across other teams to ensure successful solution delivery
• Implement Centre of Enablement model to govern the API Manager.
• Implement API strategy based on API-led concept.
• Mentor the Governance of Development Portal, checking the development teams are following
the best-practices established.
• Ensure the architecture and infrastructure of the API Manager supports the concurrency, scalability and the availability required.
• Establish and implement the API life cycle together with CI/CD team.
• Establish API Manager version between environments.
• Manage the API sprint backlogs to provide a breakdown of development activities for the product/technical teams
• Ensure both functional and non-functional requirements are clear and understood within Epics, User Stories, tasks and scenarios.
• Ensure timely and cost effective development efforts meeting quality standards
• Manage risk through Agile releases and product tracking
• Track value after release and feedback to Digital Solution Delivery Leads
• Drive collaboration across stakeholder representatives from all aspects of the project, including developers, testers and architects
• Act as technical lead in the relationship with our partners, consultants and contractors for delivery of customers/patients digital solutions
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
- High level of English written/spoken
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math or other quantitative field.
- Experience in multi-tier system integrations and API Manager.
- Good understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts and fundamentals
- Experience in defining overall API architecture, API implementations, integration
- Expertise in API-Led Connectivity architecture.
- Experience in establishing Centre of Enablement (C4E), Governance, standards & best practices related to API program.
- Expertise on all aspects of API life cycle including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience leading technical discussions with business and technical decision makers, including detailing technical specifications, product roadmaps, deployment, and third-party integrations.
- Experience on coordinating development best practices, sharing expertise/training and guiding solution development.
- Experience in hands-on integration development: developing, profiling, troubleshooting code and automated testing tools
- Experience working with globally distributed development teams
- Experience working with internal/external customers and 3rd party vendors
- Product orientated with a pragmatic approach
- Good communication skills and excellent team collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Independent judgment and decision-making ability
Preferred qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform including ESB and API manager
- MuleSoft certification
- Agile & SCRUM methodology experience.
- Experience working with GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Good understanding of micro-services architecture and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Good understanding of relational DB and non-SQL DB.