As the Global Category Leader Pharma Technical Operations (PT) Initiatives, you are part of the Global Procurement organization. You will be a part of the Direct Pharma Procurement leadership team focusing on Direct Materials sourcing across Pharma and be located at a global site.
Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by using market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
The Direct Pharma Procurement team is responsible for translating business requirements into Procurement activities and provides employees with all day-to-day procurement services in complex GMP environment. Our team represents Global Procurement to Pharma Technical Operations (PT) partner and is a key point of contact for employees to support their requirements for raw materials for internal PT manufacturing network. As a key link between partners and the wider procurement organization, we ensure input and needs are considered as Global Procurement actively develops strategies and solutions for our partners’ current and future needs.
As the Global Category Leader PT Initiatives in Direct Pharma Procurement, reporting to the Head of Direct Pharma Procurement, you are responsible for the effective management, enablement and execution of Pharma Technical Operations (PT) initiatives. Across all Direct Pharma Procurement (DPP) categories (External Manufacturing Services in Small Molecules, Large Molecules, Drug Substance, Drug Product and Analytical Services, as well as Logistics and all Direct Materials including Medical Devices), you support PT initiatives throughout the product Lifecycle stages (late stage Development and Commercial). Furthermore, you oversee and support a strong alignment of cross-category and cross-divisional initiatives in Global Procurement (GP) direct and indirect categories as well as Diagnostic Procurement categories. As a leadership role, the GCL PT Initiative drives prioritization and realization through effective management of resources, and extensive engagement with the overall Procurement organization, major suppliers, and senior functional Business partners. The role is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of a team of GCMs and CPS and leads the delivery of major strategic initiatives, through successful execution and benefit realization.
You have a deep subject matter knowledge, along with expertise in managing the procurement lifecycle in a highly complex GMP/regulatory environment. You use strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills to ensure delivery of stakeholder commitments and help embed GP as a value-adding partner. In addition to acting as the main point of escalation for category or supplier specific issues and topics, you also take personal ownership of certain large or complex initiatives and supplier relationships with Senior Business Partners.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Lead the Category Management team through the various stages of Roche’s category management approach and ensure the Category data / information and stakeholder relationships are in place for project execution throughout the category, providing expert support and guidance where required
- Accountable for the creation and application of a Business-aligned long-term Category Strategy and the development of an annual pipeline of strategic category initiatives based on the strategy, business planning activities and pipeline
- Oversee delivery to meet or exceed annual targets, ensuring communication with the relevant stakeholders and key senior business partners. Ensures compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures
- Accountable for the collection and aggregation of opportunities and data, and the overall target setting process to develop a pipeline of strategic initiatives
- Ensure a robust approach to supplier management, including, identification of key suppliers, establishing value creation targets and reporting of supplier performance against those targets, identification, management and mitigation of supplier risks and conducting regular business supported reviews as well as implementation of development and innovation programs with key suppliers.
- Develop strong relationships with key functional Business partners and ensure involvement and engagement in functional decision making by offering Procurement’s point of view and / or alternative solutions to business priorities and challenges. Ensure an environment where Procurement can challenge demand and specifications to maximize value from our third-party spend
Who are you?
You have a university degree, preferable with business or life sciences degree and 10+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing. Further, you possess 10+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues.
You have demonstrated success in leading global cross-functional project teams and experience leading value improvement programs. Further you provide proven financial and business acumen (i.e. total cost of ownership, cost modelling).
Following qualifications are required:
- Outstanding communication, project and risk management capabilities with an ability to set priorities, direct teams and deliver complex strategic initiatives
- Proven leadership and management capabilities including the ability to successfully provide feedback and development support to teams and individuals
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering complex business process / organizational change and solid teaching skills and ability to explain complex concepts to different audiences
- Experience with supplier relationship management principles and techniques and proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution, and partner management
- Knowledgeable in Procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction)
- Business level fluency in English.
This is a global role and the location is flexible if justified. If you are passionate about this role and are not currently based at one of the preferred locations listed, please contact the recruiter for more information.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.